Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Compared to my boating forum, I am surprised at the lack of galleries that are not on this forum. I see a lot of guys put shots up in the Best Shot of My Challenger thread, but no photos in the gallery link. It would be even better for the guys with a stable full of nice Mopars to post their heard. I never get tired of looking at everyone's ride(s).

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
It is a forum for owners only, however, they have a couple of sections for anonymous "ask an owner" section if you are interested in the boat line. It has an entrance page where you can get service manuals and access to other items such as your window sticker and a database where you can post all your service tickets. One advantage to having the factory running the site. It also has a chat room. Like this, the galleries are available to the public.

The forum is powered by INFOPOP UBB.threads 6.4.1 The UBB forum does not have a CPanel which lists your subscriptions and the button to go to the first unread message along with the New Posts section.

One feature that is different between this one and that one is the return to previous level and go to first unseen message. The forum keeps track of your history so when you click on any thread that has new posts, you just click on the text and not the green check button. After you have read the posts, you click on an Index link to go back to the thread. On here, I see you need to use the Forum Jump located at the bottom of the page. Pretty much the same thing, but here you can jump somewhere else and don't have to drill back and forward.

I guess they all have pretty much the same features. At first I thought this didn't work like my boating forum as I use the CPanel for my subscribed threads and New Posts to look for new items of interest. So, I just went to the Forum list and found that they both pretty much work the same.

Oh, here is the company website. http://www.stingrayboats.com/

One bug I have found with this forum software is when you are reading a PM, if you look at the header on the right, under Photos, the count will be your count and not the count of the poster. It will link to the poster's gallery, but if they have 0 photos, you will get an error.

I guess the real difference is that there are non-owners mixed in the membership, so you really can't tell if someone is talking from experience or is just an interested party. That is why it would be nice for everyone to who is an owner to post at least one shot of their ride in their gallery or at least make a signature with your specs.

One thing similar is the plague of the forum mentality. It is difficult to tell when a poster is trying to be funny and the other guy takes it as an insult and then feelings are damaged. I've seen people drop out on both forums for just that reason.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts