Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to the other three Challengers owners whom I seen today while driving around base for lunch. Hope you enjoy driving your vehicles as much as I do. See you around.:guiness:

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
It must be an Air Force thing. I do work on Barsdale AFB all the time and I see 3 times as many Challengers on base than I do off base.

·
Banned
1,340 Posts
my Dad was stationed at Ft Sam back in the 60's. Lived in SA for 5 years.

·
Premium Member
669 Posts
I spent 6 weeks at Lackland in the Fall of 1994 for Basic Training and enjoyed almost every minute of it. Back then all you saw were Camaro's running around.

·
Premium Member
3,546 Posts
I spent 6 weeks at Lackland in the Fall of 1994 for Basic Training and enjoyed almost every minute of it. Back then all you saw were Camaro's running around.
Are you sure your not telling a fib. When I went thru basic in 75 it wasn't a good time.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
Yeah, I was there in July/August '78 and it wasn't a lot of fun. Except confidence course, that was a blast!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Are you sure your not telling a fib. When I went thru basic in 75 it wasn't a good time.
I went through in '66. I don't remember ever having time to even think about cars.

Another A.F. vet- '66-'87 :guiness:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have only seen two others on Nellis. A lot of mustangs are here though.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Lackland AFB here too...Jan 72. The only thing I enjoyed about basic was going into San Antone for a 1 day pass.

·
Registered
864 Posts
Spent close to a year at lackland, basic and then two tech schools. My favorite part of basic was the last day when the TI turned back into a normal guy and we all told him the sneaky crap we did behind his back, I think they called it amnesty hour.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I am at lackland, Black Classic R/T with black stripes. See you around, I usually flash other challengers to say high around here but none acknowledge it.

Also: Basic training here in 2006. I'm a young whippersnapper I am.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
Haha! It must be an Air Force thing indeed. Then again, during my trip down there last August for our youngest step-son's graduation, I saw more Challengers in San Antonio than the entire trip down from Milwaukee. Even though mine is only an SE, with those American Racing Torq Thrusts on, it got stares gallore. At one of the mini malls, I recall a line of probably 3-4 weekers? (certainly not the sneeker-weekers), This dude in a snazy BMW 3 series, all pimped out was acting like a doofus in front of me, I wound up parking next to him right in front of these recruits. He gets out, I get out, and a recruit in a very sheepish voice says to me "That's a really nice car sir". I thank him of course. The dude with the BMW heard him and looked pissed that his car wasn't even given a second glance.

Our middle step son graduated in June, is now at Keesler. Our youngest who graduated in August, he's in Misawa Japan. Yeah he has his hands full.

I will say this though, LOTS of Mustangs as well, probably more so than nicely outfitted Dodges down at Lackland.

·
Registered
864 Posts
I am at lackland, Black Classic R/T with black stripes. See you around, I usually flash other challengers to say high around here but none acknowledge it.

When in 2006? I was there June-July

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #18

I have the Mopar-10 you may see around, I try to wave when I see other Challenger's but sometimes, I'm to busy checking out the car to remember:thumbsup:

·
Registered
441 Posts
When in 2006? I was there June-July
Jan - March. Just missed ya! Might have seen you at keesler though if you went there. Since I was there for about 8 months, 338th TS.
EDIT: Just saw you did your training at lackland. Nevermind. SFS I take it.

jimmydea said:
I have the Mopar-10 you may see around, I try to wave when I see other Challenger's but sometimes, I'm to busy checking out the car to remember:thumbsup:
I haven't seen a 10 in SA yet.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts