1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
LAGUNA SECA. Challenger Scat Pack Personal Best lap Video

https://youtu.be/7OMXDhsiY84

Hi all,
Sorry for the Audio quality. Unfortunately my Exhaust Mic didn't work.
Personal BEST LAP 1.52 350
Stock car
Challenger Scat Pack 2016
Tires 245/45/20 Continental DW06

I know this car is not made for this kind of Track...but who cares right? :)
Personal thought : Bigger and better tires will make a huge difference.
Constructive comments are welcome.
Thank you
Fly

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
I can't give you any constructive criticism because it looks like you are a hell of a lot better driver than I am by the way you were very smoothly nailing all of the apexes.

Looked like a ton of fun, especially the corkscrew! Keep up the good work!

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
I have to compliment you on your driving. Looks like you've done this before:) Sticker wider tires will definitely make a difference. Then I'd focus on tightening the chassis. After that lowering the center of gravity by lowering the car. But the sky is the limit as far as modifications go. All depends on how far you're will to go.
This is one of my absolute favorite tracks and it's on my bucket list. When I was in CA I wanted to go but I was told my exhaust was too loud since they have noise restrictions. Was this an open passing session?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WASP392
Thank you my friend.
Still limitation in sound (90db) . but just in one turn ( between 5 & 6) . lots of car run with "90degrees bend exhaust . apparently it works. Or just using higher gears or reducing gas.
Challenger is definitely not the best car for this but I love course track more then Drag. and this is an ICON especially for me. ( i'm italian and here Valentino Rossi did the impossible in the corksrew)

the only ( big ) downside are the brakes..
I had vibrations problems. Changed rotors many times. and now I got hotspots again. ( even with Frozen rotors)

Finally,
A Camaro did Great. with Goodyear Potenza F1 315 on the rear and 285 front. Tons of fun .
I'll do it again. for sure

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have to compliment you on your driving. Looks like you've done this before
Sticker wider tires will definitely make a difference. Then I'd focus on tightening the chassis. After that lowering the center of gravity by lowering the car. But the sky is the limit as far as modifications go. All depends on how far you're will to go.
This is one of my absolute favorite tracks and it's on my bucket list. When I was in CA I wanted to go but I was told my exhaust was too loud since they have noise restrictions. Was this an open passing session?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
This was an Point by
It was my second time. And I believe point by is safer. Especially if you need the car for work :)

·
Registered
Furious Fuchsia 2010 Challenger R/T Classic A5
371 Posts
Nice run! Not far off a well-known black Magnum that had a 1:49.25 time there.
For an inspirational carrot: the Viper ACR record set there was 1:28.65!

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
With practice, 1:49 would be possible. That 1;52 is pretty good actually. 245s on a 4200lb. car is difficult to overcome. 305s and weight reduction, that would be worth seconds. I really wish I had access to a race track, that would be so fun. Boss 302LS ran 1:39.xx. Boss 302 ran 1:42.xx. '13/'14 GT500 ran 1:43.xx.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts