21 - 40 of 65 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Another installed pic on a customer car:

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
These strut braces are in stock and ready to ship!!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
We've got this great, inexpensive option for anyone looking for a strut tower brace!! In stock.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts
A nice added touch. Went to a shop that engraves trophies etc. Had them cut a 2x4 black aluminum piece and had it engraved.

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Inexpensive alternative for those wanting to add a front brace!

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Lakewood Strit Tower Bars are in stock!

·
Premium Member
8,295 Posts
Great mod to improve the handling of your car, also looks great under the hood!

·
Banned
5,768 Posts
i agree - this LSB looks awesome under the hood.

for the price, you can't beat it.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I have a 2011 black R/T with red stripes. I painted my engine cover (V8 text) with Mopar Red engine paint (that matches the red stripe). I would like to buy the Lakewood strut bar and paint it with the same paint.

Is there any special prep required to paint the strut bar?

Also...

Does the strut brace need to be removed to remove the engine cover once it is installed?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
I have a 2011 black R/T with red stripes. I painted my engine cover (V8 text) with Mopar Red engine paint (that matches the red stripe). I would like to buy the Lakewood strut bar and paint it with the same paint.

Is there any special prep required to paint the strut bar?

Also...

Does the strut brace need to be removed to remove the engine cover once it is installed?

Thanks

I painted the 3 small rectangles and mounting ends red on our Lakewood Bar. Just sand and use primer before painting. Color paint sprayed on the silver powder coating can/will cause reactions/crow-footing when applying the second coat. The strut bar needs to be unbolted first to remove the engine cover - so consider it anti-theft protection...lol.

Note: Remember to only use 20 ft. lbs. of torque on mounting bolts

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Thanks for the tips, Robo! BTW - your engine bay looks awesome!!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
Lakewood strut tower braces are in stock and ready to ship!!!

·
Registered
3,634 Posts
The Lakewood strut braces are an inexpensive way to get some better handling out of your Challenger and enhance the appearance of your engine bay!

21 - 40 of 65 Posts