1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
dang I know there is at least one who did Lambo doors on his challenger...can't think of the guys name though.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
A local has them on his Charger, its tricked out with just about everything you can do to a new mopar, I wouldn't want them for my car though, once hey got popular with the import crowd, i'd much rather keep my door hinges up front where they belong.

·
Registered
166 Posts
I seen one Challenger that had Lambo doors at the Challenger event in Daytona last 4th of July weekend. It was a Plum Crazy R/T and I believe the owner was from Florida...sorry I didn't get a pic with the doors open.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
I'm sure y'all are talking about Bullish's car. It is very nice and I guess it's OK on the Charger as are the big rims. It just doesn't belong with the old school looks of the Challenger. At least that's the consensus here. But I say, it's your car do what you want.

If you more, do a search. You'll find that this has been discussed many times here.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
There are a handful of folks who have installed the lambo doors it's great for a show car to get the WOW effect. My friend did them on his magnum looks really trick but a PITA for normal usage and the hinges aren't near as strong as the factory. The door opens out then swings up and that is where the problem lies especially if you have a passenger that's not familiar with how to operate the doors.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I plan on putting Lambos on, but I think you will find that most in the forums are against anything that doesnt make you go faster. I could careless about speed, I brought my Challenger for the look. Go for it, outside the forums most people will tell you it looks great.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
im sure there are forums that like that sorta thing.. but for the most part.. you picked the wrong ones.. its played out way too much even for car shows.. f i had a maggie i would shave and suicide but not the challenger.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I'd try suicide doors before i tried lambos

·
Premium Member
1,755 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
I hope this does not offend, but here is my take:

These type of doors will make you look like a cheesy poser. A wannabe. A ricer of musclecars. These doors belong on exotics. The Challenger is not an exotic supercar. It is a drop-dead gorgeous, fast musclecar that is the best that America has to offer. Treat it as such.

·
Registered
389 Posts
These doors belong on exotics. The Challenger is not an exotic supercar. It is a drop-dead gorgeous, fast musclecar that is the best that America has to offer.
My opinon too - this car is what it is - an "American" muscle car (I know the engine is built in Mexico and the car is assembled in Canada). I feel the same way about putting a whole lot of bling and big hoop tires on it too. Not my business what others do to theirs - free country and all, so do what makes you happy - just saying IMO (this forum does ask for opinions), these kind of mods detract from the whole "muscle car" theme the Challenger was intended to represent.

There is also some merit in the hinge weakness issue another poster identified - something I'd consider anyway - but mine's a daily driver, so I think about things like structural integrity and 2nd and 3rd order effects of my mods as it relates to daily driving.

·
Banned
1,844 Posts
after the lamebo doors get some of those strings of led lights for under the car and a 18 " subwoolfer and cruz to mexico. really dont do it i think it looks stupid.

edit sorry, i forgot the 24" wheels with 1" of side wall tires.

·
Registered
1,514 Posts
Here ya go!

·
Premium Member
517 Posts
I guess they'd be OK on a show car, but nor so much on a daily driver/muscle car.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts