Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,733 Posts
I've got time...

10 Best ideas about Cowboys Vs on Pinterest | Dallas cowboys haters memes, Dallas cowboys memes ...
Is your hired gun for hire by other folks in need of his services, of do you have him on retainer to keep him off the market?

We just got a letter from the HOA replete with grammatical and spelling errors telling us we were being fined $50 for not heeding a prior warning about trimming the tree in the front yard...oh yeah, that’s $50 plus the $6.50 certified mail charge for delivery of the notice.

Here’s the thing though,
a) we have not received any prior notice to trim the tree in the front yard, so it seems arbitrary and capricious to accuse us of ignoring a prior warning and then assess a fine as a result.

b) which tree? There are two in the front of the house.

c) trim what? Both trees look fine to me. Neither is unsymmetrical or otherwise unsightly, and one has actually been recently trimmed due to an infestation of caterpillars.

As you can see, my list of grievances is many and varied, and as such, I’m afraid the HOA will not be receptive to me submitting them and waiting on a response before taking action or paying any fines.

Thus, I need some way to drive home how serious I am about being unsatisfied with their service so far. Your feller holding the gun there is just what I need to help me out I think...

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
I currently rent in an HOA'd "community". I know one thing - I will NEVER buy a house in an HOA'd community. I'll be damned if someone tells me what I can and cannot do on my own property (within the law, of course!). We have been "scolded" for stupid things like leaving an un-used, un-inflated (temporary) blue pool on the rear deck for xx days... I guess it "bothered" the neighbor seeing it. Little crap like that.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,702 Posts
I currently rent in an HOA'd "community". I know one thing - I will NEVER buy a house in an HOA'd community. I'll be damned if someone tells me what I can and cannot do on my own property (within the law, of course!). We have been "scolded" for stupid things like leaving an un-used, un-inflated (temporary) blue pool on the rear deck for xx days... I guess it "bothered" the neighbor seeing it. Little crap like that.
While I'm not big on HOAs, the one thing that is NOT mentioned in mine are items that actually affect me such as, neighbors leaving their outdoor lights on all night long. The neighbor next door even leaves their bathroom fluorescent light on, that is directly opposite ours, all night long. While I don't think I'd want anybody putting restrictions against things like these, consideration is lacking with the majority of people out there. I told my wife, if we point flood lights at their windows all night long, maybe they'll get the message when they think there's a full moon inside their home!

·
Registered
Boosted 2014 R/T Shaker M6
1,928 Posts
Is your hired gun for hire by other folks in need of his services, of do you have him on retainer to keep him off the market?

We just got a letter from the HOA replete with grammatical and spelling errors telling us we were being fined $50 for not heeding a prior warning about trimming the tree in the front yard...oh yeah, that’s $50 plus the $6.50 certified mail charge for delivery of the notice.

Here’s the thing though,
a) we have not received any prior notice to trim the tree in the front yard, so it seems arbitrary and capricious to accuse us of ignoring a prior warning and then assess a fine as a result.

b) which tree? There are two in the front of the house.

c) trim what? Both trees look fine to me. Neither is unsymmetrical or otherwise unsightly, and one has actually been recently trimmed due to an infestation of caterpillars.

As you can see, my list of grievances is many and varied, and as such, I’m afraid the HOA will not be receptive to me submitting them and waiting on a response before taking action or paying any fines.

Thus, I need some way to drive home how serious I am about being unsatisfied with their service so far. Your feller holding the gun there is just what I need to help me out I think...
That is not a hired gun, and I'm sorry, but I am retired...

21 - 25 of 25 Posts