Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Wide Body owners,

What is the widest front tire that will fit w/out issue. Stock height, factory wheels.

I see guys posting 315s and bigger on the rear, but wonder how wide one can go square. (to allow tire rotation/extend tire life)

·
Registered
629 Posts
I would be more concerned with the loss of handling and steering response that would result from running a tire that is too wide, or at the upper end, for the wheel.
Every tire size has an approved rim width, and the closer to the minimum rim width you get, the more the on road performance is compromised.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT
838 Posts
305 up front seems to be it...On Redeye Wide Body and all Wide Bodies...On 11" rims...

Reactions: SpeedShift

·
Registered
573 Posts
Don't know about in front, but I have Toyo R888R 325/30x20 in the rear on the OE 11" wheels.
No issues.
On another forum one poster is running them up front, no issues reported.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,549 Posts
I saw where Paul @PK Auto Design said for the front, 335 looks like the largest. I know there are some Demons running 18" that get pretty wide :)

A Guy

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Widest weve done is a 325 front and a 345 rear guys
Is that 325 front on a stock "spec" (back spacing/ offset) 11 inch wide wheel?

Recently read on another (shall remain un-named) Challenger site, that widebodys can go 315 front and rear on stock wheels.

·
Registered
15,838 Posts
Anyone know the offset of the stock WB 20x11 wheels?
I've seen -2.5, 0 and 2.5 mm posted.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,549 Posts
Looks to be 20x11 -2.5

Product Specifications:
Hollander # 2641
Material: Forged Aluminum
Style: 10 Spoke
Finish: Powder Coat Hyper Charcoal
Size: 20x11
Lugs: 5
Bolt Pattern: 115mm
Offset: -2.5mm

A Guy

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT
176 Posts
wow! anybody know what model are these wheels? i want me some deep dish for my wide body conversion.

I saw where Paul @PK Auto Design said for the front, 335 looks like the largest. I know there are some Demons running 18" that get pretty wide :)

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,549 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT
176 Posts
Thanks A Guy for being the best search engine in this forum! It's like a candy store in their website for deep dish wheels. I'm sure the price of those sets will set me back a price of forge short block or more. i wish there's an affordable solution like a cast so everyone can have a deep dish:)

Triumph

Looks like

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,549 Posts
Yeah, there are some wheels out there that will cost you more than a small home (not in Ca, but some places ;))

A Guy

·
Registered
2013 Challenger RT
176 Posts
I noticed Voxx sells 2 different offsets widebody wheel. 20x11 16 offset and 20x11 -2 offset. The above OE widebody wheel offset is -2.5.
Are the OE offset -2.5 on all 4 corners?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts