Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The SRT Track Experience was awesome..I had more fun doing the different competitive races. The cars are spectacular. I loved the Chrysler 300 SRT the best. It's more planted and stable, the Jeep Grand Cheroke SRT not so impressed, although they said it is faster than all of them, I wasn't convinced. The Dodge Charger SRT was great, but felt to me like the chassis was in 3 flexable pieces. Those being the engine bay, the cabin the and the rear end. It wasn't so well put together as the Chrysler 300 SRT. The Dodge Challenger SRT was the most squirrely one and you had to work hard to keep the rear end getting loose.

The instructors are the best and give you much info and they pay attention to how you perform and give you tips to improve. The best time I've ever had in a car...these cars perform like you wouldn't believe. When I drive my Challenger I am only at the tip of the iceberg, there is so much more to this car than I ever imagined. They have to change tires and brakes on their cars once a week. When they are done with them at the end of the model year, they go back to the auto auction and the dealers bid on them.

The very last race was a Hot Lap with the instructors at the wheel and they show you what we can only dream of doing when they take it around the course. I was blown away with how they performed and handled these cars. I luckily got to ride with our Team Leader and he was driving the Challenger full tilt. I didn't think you could hit the brakes that hard to slow it down for the corners and just full out mad acceleration out of the corners which made me feel like I've only been toying my car. Needless to say, I was being bounced around from side to side and with a racing helmet on my head, I was bumping the passenger side grab handles above the door. My knees bumped the dash a few times too.

I would love to go back and do it again and again..I've got the fever now for racing...I just never knew how great racing feels. You get to go full tilt out of the corners and down the straight a ways, but the fastest speed I saw on the speedo was about 102 MPH...not fast enough for me. I've been 140 MPH in mine.

I will treat my Challenger like it was made to do, race. Damn the tires, brakes and gas..full speed ahead. I will post a DNS sticker on the back bumper so cops will leave me alone and let me do what it was built to do. DNS...Do Not Stop...Race Car Racing. LOL!

All the cars I drove had video cams in them so you get a front view looking at where you're driving and another view of me as the driver. I was able to record all the events in each car with a USB G stick or what ever you call them? So I just loaded them into my computer and watched them at home. They give you those and a SRT lanyard with ID badge and a SRT back pack. They fed us both breakfast and lunch and it was good catered food.

We started at 08:30 AM and finished at 4:00 PM. The even offered us 3 laps in a Richard Petty NASCAR on the Vegas Motor Speedway for only $79.00 right after we finished with our events..the price was discounted from their normal $110.00 price. 165 MPH is how fast they will take you. :yikes: I didn't go as I was tired and you have to crawl in to the car through the side window. Too old for that. :icon_rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Vegas

That's awesome! I went 10-29-11 to Vegas, and I agree it was great. With the new car I am planning on either going to Vegas again or maybe Fontana CA? I would not drive my car the way you get to drive theirs!

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's awesome! I went 10-29-11 to Vegas, and I agree it was great. With the new car I am planning on either going to Vegas again or maybe Fontana CA? I would not drive my car the way you get to drive theirs!
I would go again and again if possible. I would love to be able to drive my car like we drove theirs, but on the streets ...impossible. I loved how once you got rolling in their cars, the auto shifting, I never used the paddle shifters, kept pace with the revs and we have all that power right at the apex. Wow!..that was so cool..we hardly ever get to feel that in our cars on the streets. These SRT's have made a true believer out of me even if I was driving mine like a granny or at least like a man obeying the speed limits...well most times. There is the exception to that when I enter the on ramp to a freeway..then it's WOT!!! :D But getting into the curves tickled me to death especially when I felt the G forces and it began to slide a tad to much. Chills and thrills. :freak2:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts