Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my 392 Hemi Scat pack Shaker since I ordered it from my dealer in Bradenton, FL back in July 2016. Delivered in September that year. Went with Billet Silver and deleted the Scat stripe and went with the full length stripe set. No sunroof to break up the stripes. never use the damn things anyway. I am just short of about 15 K miles now and it has been a blast to own. She is my third Challenger lifetime. My first car in high school was a 1970 Red Challenger entry level with a slant 6 and 3 speed on the floor. Probably a good thing when I was 16 to be under powered. I just adored that design and of course still do. I sold it to a friend of a friend when I left to join the Air Force in 77. He proceeded to wrap it around a tree a few weeks later. After moving on with life and a wife and kids and a career I had to get another. I picked up a 1974 Challenger with the original 340 in it that needed some work. I restored it fairly well and painted it Plum Crazy and enjoyed it until.....the kids were going to college. So she went and so did a lot of car money for awhile. Now that the kids are gone and I am enjoying some car money again I decided to go with the modern version and not have a project this time. I love everything about this car except maybe the life on the F1 supercar tires lol. I will enjoy her well into retirement. Hell, she even prompted me to get vanity plates for the first time in my life. SHAKER 1.

Anyway, I enjoy reading the threads here on this site to gain insight and info and geeking out on these great cars.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Awesome! Post some photos when you get the chance! What choice of transmission did you go with?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
16,798 Posts
Welcome from California ;)

A Guy

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Welcome Joe! I have a 16 Billet Scat too. Always torn about the side stripes vs. tail band. The Wife would like strobe side stripes. Let's see yours! Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Welcome to the Forum! I also have a Silver Scat Pack Shaker with the stripes removed! Love how much cleaner this car stays vs. my previous Granite BlackTop.

Attachments

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
Welcome aboard! :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts