Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's a shot of the new Hellcat hood on a wide body pre-fender flare install. Note the Cuda' style "Raisin Bran" scoops. RS indicated that a new scooped hood was coming for the '19 Hellcat so this must be it.

Attachments

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Saw that, I like it.

Looks like it will probably feed into the air intake like the T/A and Demon hood do, since the scoops are so far forward.

·
Registered
15,039 Posts
What about the big deal that was made to get the hot air out with the 2 vents on a Cat hood?
Demon dropped them but it's a drag car, maybe they overhyped the need for them a tad, only really need them on a road course or the new hood will have something we can't see yet. Gonna look good I think. Supposed to be a bunch of new wheels next year too.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Looks ugly like the hood on a 90’s Trans Am.
Whaaaat? No way. I do know which car you're referring to but I still say late '60s/early '70s MOPAR; that inspiration would make more sense.

Attachments

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Whaaaat? No way. I do know which car you're referring to but I still say late '60s/early '70s MOPAR; that inspiration would make more sense.
I think the problem is the angle of the photo. They don't look anywhere near as close together as the WS6's nostrils, but they're not far apart enough to resemble the old school twin scoops pictured in your image.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I think the problem is the angle of the photo. They don't look anywhere near as close together as the WS6's nostrils, but they're not far apart enough to resemble the old school twin scoops pictured in your image.
The Cuda' scoops in my original post are about the same distance apart but seem to be further back than the Hellcat's. My guess is that they're Cuda' "inspired". I was just pointing out, with the black Coronet, that the twin scoops were certainly part of the MOPAR arsenal for more than one model in the late 60s and early 70's. I bet that hood will look better with the front fascia on.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
The Cuda' scoops in my original post are about the same distance apart but seem to be further back than the Hellcat's. My guess is that they're Cuda' "inspired". I was just pointing out, with the black Coronet, that the twin scoops were certainly part of the MOPAR arsenal for more than one model in the late 60s and early 70's. I bet that hood will look better with the front fascia on.
They don't strike me as being inspired by the 'Cuda hood in the OP, they look more like the ones on the Roadrunner you attached.

Notice how the ones on the 'Cuda don't bulge out much and are slanted towards the center of the car, whereas the spy shot clearly shows them bulge out nearly the length of the hood and aren't slanted at all.

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
They don't strike me as being inspired by the 'Cuda hood in the OP, they look more like the ones on the Roadrunner you attached.

Notice how the ones on the 'Cuda don't bulge out much and are slanted towards the center of the car, whereas the spy shot clearly shows them bulge out nearly the length of the hood and aren't slanted at all.
The E-body scoops (performance hood) on either 'Cuda or Challengers weren't functional.

Just the T/A scoop and the AAR 'Cuda hood were plus the Shakers.

It looks like an elongated style similar to the 'Cuda, but probably reshaped to make them more functional vs. decorative.

It will be interesting to see what it all comes out like.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
The E-body scoops (performance hood) on either 'Cuda or Challengers weren't functional.

Just the T/A scoop and the AAR 'Cuda hood were plus the Shakers.

It looks like an elongated style similar to the 'Cuda, but probably reshaped to make them more functional vs. decorative.

It will be interesting to see what it all comes out like.
What did the performance hood look like?

·
Super Moderator
16,209 Posts
What did the performance hood look like?
Its what the standard hood is on today's Challengers - the bulge hood with the scoops on either side.

The sales literature called this the performance hood.

The standard hood was the "flat" hood on E-bodies.

R/T or 'Cuda models, they got the performance hood with the simulated scoops.

the performance hood could be ordered on other models that weren't the R/T or 'Cuda versions.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Its what the standard hood is on today's Challengers - the bulge hood with the scoops on either side.

The sales literature called this the performance hood.

The standard hood was the "flat" hood on E-bodies.

R/T or 'Cuda models, they got the performance hood with the simulated scoops.

the performance hood could be ordered on other models that weren't the R/T or 'Cuda versions.
Got it.

I still think it looks more like that Roadrunner's hood. I guess I'll hold out for better pictures.

·
Registered
6,533 Posts
I want this scoop on a hood like the shaker that does have the contours to it. With a set up like AFR's to make it functional

Attachments

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got it.

I still think it looks more like that Roadrunner's hood. I guess I'll hold out for better pictures.
That wasn't a roadrunner, it was a Dodge Coronet R/T. Similar the the GTX since it came loaded vs. the Dodge Super Bee which was modeled after the the more stripped down Roadrunner.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts