Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Noticed that most threads focused on this subject are around 3 years old so I thought I’d start a new one.

My Challenger SPS that I bought used is getting a decent amount of paint work done to it this week. I’ve never done the PPF / ceramic coating in the past but am considering it this time around as it sounds like the technology is pretty solid now.

Where have you guys applied the PPF and the ceramic coating? What’s the most cost effective way to approach it? I’m not going to fully wrap the car as it’s over $4K here for that.

Thanks!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hey there. I am getting my new dream car done with a 3m scotch guard pro ppf clear front bra, with mirrors and partial hood front done on my hellcat red eye narrow body. I purchased the clear bra as a kit on eBay as I wanted to save a little and the scotch guard pro 4th gen is self healing and my local installer I wanted to use has solar guard as his film that he uses and he was happy to install this kit for 300.

The savings helped me go for the top Opti coat pro+ paint protection ceramic coating applied over everything, car, rims, calipers, windows, even the PPF clear bra. I won’t be receiving the car for a few days more to give it the best possible curing time before being driven but I will update my results here with some picks.

the kit for the ppf was 288.00 and and the install out the door with the Opti-Coat pro+ coating will be 1600. Just under 2k and that was the limit I wanted to spend. One of the best things is that the paint has been corrected to near perfection as can be so it’s real treat not busting my own 50 year old arse trying to do it. More to come.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger Scat Pack Shaker
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your response! I was looking at the Opti Pro ceramic coating as well. Your pricing seems pretty close to what I got too except the shop wanted $1200 for paint prep before it.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
24,206 Posts
The paint correction is the biggest part of the result. if your detailer gets that right, the coating is the proverbial frosting

A Guy

·
Registered
981 Posts
Thanks for your response! I was looking at the Opti Pro ceramic coating as well. Your pricing seems pretty close to what I got too except the shop wanted $1200 for paint prep before it.
paint prep is a pain but I just did my own ceramic coating for $100 and 6 hours of my time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am picking up my hellcat redeye tomorrow morning. The shop didn't mind storing it for almost a week while the coating cured and since tomorrow is the first day off since it was done i figured why not let it have as much time out of the elements to cure and the bra to dry. can't wait! Ill post picks and my thoughts here Friday night

1 - 6 of 6 Posts