Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,982 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The following pixel portrait comes from an artist named Dhwanil Panchal, who, according to his Instagram description, handles transportation design in Detroit. The European-influenced design was completed in an FCA studio and aims to portray the next-generation Challenger- an electric muscle car.

Of course, this could be Dodge testing the waters via social media, while it may also be a more serious experiment for introducing an actual EV.

Here's what FCA CEO Mike Manley told The Detroit News in December last year: "I think that electrification will certainly be part of the formula that says what is American muscle in the future," the head honcho explained. "What it isn’t going to be is a V-8, supercharged, 700-horsepower engine."

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/next-generation-dodge-charger-rendered-by-fca-designer-experiment-looks-amazing-145127.html

·
Registered
2,007 Posts
The reactions to this are going to be interesting

Hopefully people's thoughts are more interesting/original than just saying "It looks lake a Mustang/Camaro/Charger/Subaru yadda yadda"

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
That isn’t what drew me to buy my car, I’d take my money and find something else to buy. I like internal combustion engines and have zero interest in an electric car, I’ll go buy a corvette again or my 4th mustang or just buy a luxury SUV.

·
Premium Member
9,429 Posts
The following pixel portrait comes from an artist named Dhwanil Panchal, who, according to his Instagram description, handles transportation design in Detroit. The European-influenced design was completed in an FCA studio and aims to portray the next-generation Challenger-an electric muscle car.

Of course, this could be Dodge testing the waters via social media, while it may also be a more serious experiment for introducing an actual EV.

Here's what FCA CEO Mike Manley told The Detroit News in December last year: "I think that electrification will certainly be part of the formula that says what is American muscle in the future," the head honcho explained. "What it isn’t going to be is a V-8, supercharged, 700-horsepower engine."

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/next-generation-dodge-charger-rendered-by-fca-designer-experiment-looks-amazing-145127.html
Mike Manley doesn’t sound so manly to me with his quote, muscle cars have ALWAYS had internal combustion engines. He sounds like another typical “soy boy”.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger SXT AWD
42 Posts
This design (which the article notes was created by the designer “on his spare time”) completely throws away the very appeal that has sold so many of these cars: the attempt to recreate classic muscle car styling with modern performance and conveniences.

If Dodge is smart, they’ll slowly back away from this. Get back to supporting the new muscle car movement by bringing an up to date Cuda, Road Runner, or Dart.

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Well, its better than this monstrosity that my friend sent me about being a 'Cuda design he found in some magazine. R

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2014 SRT Core
9,537 Posts
Looks like the Camaro in the front to me. I'd rather see the current design just mildly upgraded and keep retro looks and big V8's for another five years. I know there's a lot of guys that want to go with more modern styling but hey there are already a bunch of cars out there that offer that, but when it comes to retro muscle it's pretty much just the Challenger anymore so I'd like to see it hang in there for awhile yet.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Scat Pack
225 Posts
I think if they make that dramatic of a change they should just change the name also. That is no Dodge Challenger. New Coronet?

·
Registered
33 Posts
That's because nobody said anything about a Challenger. Some design noob on instagram named Ibra kallas posted that lazy crap up top and called it a "Charger" concept and immediately got flamed for it. Then that trash car tabloid site "Autoevolution" mixed everything up and slapped it on the internet.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,040 Posts
Sorry, not original but...why must every rendering look like a Camaro? The Challenger doesn't, I imagine anyone with skills could morph a Challenger into something "sleeker" without just drawing a Camaro. Whoever thinks the next generation, if there is one, must be a radical departure hasn't been paying attention to what makes the Challenger so appealing...

Here is a decent body shape. Get rid of the hideous grilles and you have something. Obviously meant to be a 'Cuda, but it's closer to what I'd like to see. Of course, it's very similar to a current Challenger...but that's the point

A Guy

·
Registered
2020 scatpack
258 Posts
Imo , since the current challenger Body is flawless design wise , down to every bit flawless and i’m most of you agree ...

whatever will be the next generation , is going to look worse , since this design can’t be topped.... dodge should focus on other cars and just keep the challenger the way it is....

and an electric american v8? Lol what ...the whole thing that it is a v8 ,they gonna ruin everything , i bet on that... thankfully i grabbed me a piece before all goes downhill.

maybe work on the interior ? Which i think is perfect but i have never read a positive post about the interior design.... im not sure what people find outdated exactly? Compared to what exactly?

Ya maybe you could say that if you dont have the stitched interior ... and have alot of plastic , the stitching could be done at any shop To replecate the dodge interior in a second ... but with the stitched interior it is perfect.

And have a good day

Long edit:

i don’t know about you guys in the us ,10 years ago or maybe more if someone wanted a sedan that doesnt break and is cheap to maintain, it was 100% a toyota camry ... they were at every house. Still are.

now the charger has replaced it , you wouldnt believe how many chargers you will see here on daily basis being driven by families. It is 60/40 with the camries.

it replaced the toyota camry. It is not as reliable, but the looks of it makes up for that. Well i mean out of every 10 cars on the street at least 2 are a dodge chargers. So ya

dodge is winning very hard , i mean very hard.

not to mention the police cars , all chargers now.

it is all about money , so i wouldnt understand it if dodge changes the designs.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts