Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Flame on if you wish, but I cringe every time they play the latest Dodge commercials on TV. It's almost like they are marketing to street racing kids from LA. I think FCA is losing it. Most of us that own Challengers, are older and more mature than the Fast and Furious ricer crowd. I mean how many kids can afford a new Challenger anyway? Just my opinion.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,630 Posts
Havent seen the commercials

But maybe they want to expand into the younger Rice-Stang/Transformer-Camaro crowd?

·
Super Moderator
13,332 Posts
It's all about marketing and profits. FCA, apparently, sees an untapped market for its performance vehicles.

The Hellcat, Demon and previously the Viper, are used as a "halo" cars to draw customers into dealership showrooms. When you think about it, not that many Hellcats or SRTs are on the road, compared to SXTs.

There is a negative side, however, to promoting speed. Look at this ad that was posted a few years ago by a consumer group labeling the SRT an "assault vehicle."

Attachments

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When I'm behind the wheel of my Challenger I don't feel so much like an old bastard, even if I am one. For many of us, those Muscle Cars represent the days when we were young and more carefree (and careless). I kind of like that.
Now that's good marketing! I wish I had a poster like that in my garage. I just don't see the fast and Furious movie goers buying an an Iconic (once American) muscle car. Just look around, kids drive ricers with fart can mufflers.

I get the marketing stuff, but I think it's a fail.

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Now that's good marketing! I wish I had a poster like that in my garage. I just don't see the fast and Furious movie goers buying an an Iconic (once American) muscle car. Just look around, kids drive ricers with fart can mufflers.

I get the marketing stuff, but I think it's a fail.

Mopar is a HUGE part of Fast and Furious

·
Registered
4,342 Posts
Muscle cars originally targeted young people, they were cheap, and powerful. These new "Muscle Cars" are basically "Yuppie Mobiles", and yes I own one, as their price range targets the middle class suburbanite. If they really wanted to target the young performance minded drivers, not the eco crowd, they should stuff a Hellcat engine in a Dart and sell them for under 20k a pop. They would be everywhere. Or they could put a Hayabusa engine in a Fiat 500.

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Mopar is a HUGE part of Fast and Furious
Imo, it cheapens the brand. Those movies are for teenagers or adults with limited cranial development. I'm embarrassed to be associated with that crowd.

With that said, That doesn't mean I don't use every bit of what a 392 can give me, I just don't want to be associated with the reckless weaving in and out of traffic gang member wanna-bees!

·
Registered
662 Posts
personally one of my fav's is the awd commercial about russia hearing america. althought the old man with the daughters was a good one. of course i'm a huge ac/dc fan & using their music in it makes it real special to me. although would love my new sp shaker to be awd, but was not willing to go for the v6. but still love the awd commercial. & atleast they for now have stopped using richard rollins. man with that greasy hair i wouldn't let him close to my challengers!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,630 Posts
The best commercial.... period.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,630 Posts
I believe this advertisment was not about cars...

It's all about marketing and profits. FCA, apparently, sees an untapped market for its performance vehicles.

The Hellcat, Demon and previously the Viper, are used as a "halo" cars to draw customers into dealership showrooms. When you think about it, not that many Hellcats or SRTs are on the road, compared to SXTs.

There is a negative side, however, to promoting speed. Look at this ad that was posted a few years ago by a consumer group labeling the SRT an "assault vehicle."

I believe it was "satire" to be used against gun control advocates that want to ban "assault style rifles." As most gun fans know, many states ban AR-15's because they are "black and scary looking," not because they are more lethal than a shotgun or a hunters rifle (in fact many hunters use ARs). The rifles become legal if you change the telescoping stock with a hunters stock in some states. They become illegal in some states if they have pistol grips, fore grips, tactical sights, etc.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I am surprised by some of the comments mentioned above...How many of us saw the original Vanishing Point...made us drool over the white Challenger...perhaps influenced us to buy one now...to can on Fast and Furious,Com'on....As for perpetuating the love of Muscle Cars to our New Generations of car lovers away from Honda's is a wonderful thing....the comments remind me of Neil Young's song Old Man...

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
5,630 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,123 Posts
Commercials are time to use the bathroom, get something to eat or drink, check email etc, I find they are almost always an insult to the viewers intelligence.
America has really dumbed down over the years.

The absolutely most annoying is those GEICO ads and will NEVER consider them if changing companies. I vote with my money any anyone who portrays their product in such a low double digit IQ way doesn't get any.

No, none of the Dodge ads influence me but maybe if I was still in my teens maybe...

·
Registered
662 Posts
Commercials are time to use the bathroom, get something to eat or drink, check email etc, I find they are almost always an insult to the viewers intelligence.
America has really dumbed down over the years.

The absolutely most annoying is those GEICO ads and will NEVER consider them if changing companies. I vote with my money any anyone who portrays their product in such a low double digit IQ way doesn't get any.

No, none of the Dodge ads influence me but maybe if I was still in my teens maybe...
well yellowjacket the penzoil commercial featuring the yellow hellcat did start me to thinking about if i was going to get a new challenger what color it would be, so this year when the stars aligned i pulled the trigger & smile everytime i look at her & remember my '71 340 duster & how it made me smile too.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Mostl young kids aren't into Honda's etc. because they think they are superior, most young kids aren't buying the newer muscle cars because they can't afford the entry fee. If a Challenger R/T had an equivalent price tag to a Civic Si, the Challenger would outsell it by a ton. I understand why they can't be at the same price point, I'm just stating why they purchase the cars they do.

1 - 20 of 80 Posts
About this Discussion
79 Replies
39 Participants
Idoono
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing