Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know rear window louvers aren't for everyone, but being a retro guy, I couldn't wait to get my hands on these for my T/A. I think they look great and are top notch quality. Hand assembled, powder coated aluminum, with hinging mechanism and clips/lanyards to hold them on. Very pricey, but it's a long term investment for my car, and quite frankly, you get what you pay for. No ABS louvers here.

At any rate, enjoy! I loved these on the original T/A's and love them on my modernized beast.

Cheers,
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
127 Posts
I think they look great! Very retro. I talked to a guy with what appears to be same kind back in September at Norwalk CC event. If I remember correctly you have to drill roof to attach top mounts. As much as I like them I don't think I could break out drill to mount them. Please let me know if you don't have to drill.

Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think they look great! Very retro. I talked to a guy with what appears to be same kind back in September at Norwalk CC event. If I remember correctly you have to drill roof to attach top mounts. As much as I like them I don't think I could break out drill to mount them. Please let me know if you don't have to drill.

Thanks
Hey there,

The manufacturer offers two options. Bolt-on or industrial strength double sided adhesive. I chose the later for the same reason as you - definitely did not want to put holes in the roof of my car. You can't undo that change :bigthumb:

Chris

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for feedback! Might have to look into these with that option.

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
The louvres look great, as you say very retro. It gets me thinking, again. With the hinges are they easy to remove temporarily?

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey there,

The manufacturer offers two options. Bolt-on or industrial strength double sided adhesive. I chose the later for the same reason as you - definitely did not want to put holes in the roof of my car. You can't undo that change :bigthumb:

Chris
The manufacturer is Limited Parts Industries. I was initially hesitant to shell out the bucks until I actually saw them last week at a local reseller. The moment I held them and laid eyes on them, there was no turning back.

Enjoy,
Chris

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The louvres look great, as you say very retro. It gets me thinking, again. With the hinges are they easy to remove temporarily?
The double sided tape is only located at the bottom of the two hinging mechanisms and the windshield mounting posts. In theory I am sure they are not too hard to get off with some chemicals, but you would probably need to use new tape to reattach. You shouldn't need to remove these, however, as they whole unit swings up on the hinges for window cleaning.

Just noticed you are from Ontario - that's actually where the manufacturer is located. Maybe a road trip is in order for you? :browsmiley:

Limited Parts Industries - About us

Chris

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
The double sided tape is only located at the bottom of the two hinging mechanisms and the windshield mounting posts. In theory I am sure they are not too hard to get off with some chemicals, but you would probably need to use new tape to reattach. You shouldn't need to remove these, however, as they whole unit swings up on the hinges for window cleaning.

Just noticed you are from Ontario - that's actually where the manufacturer is located. Maybe a road trip is in order for you? :browsmiley:

Limited Parts Industries - About us

Chris
Thanks for the info Chris. I've seen these on several other Challengers, and every time I do I like them even more.

·
Registered
362 Posts
didn't see a price on the site care to share? I am really diggin this mod!

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
didn't see a price on the site care to share? I am really diggin this mod!
You really wanna know? Ha ha. The louvers will set you back around $1300, so definitely an investment. When I first heard about the price of these I said "no way"! Once I saw the louvers in person, and observed the workmanship involved in addition to the flawless fit to the back of my car, I abandoned all reason and purchased them. :werd: I have no regrets!

Good luck and if you pull the trigger, share some pics. I haven't really seen too many folks with these on the forums. The ABS louvers don't count, as they really cheapen the car.

Chris

PS: They would look great on your white Challenger!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts