Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 5.7 Hemi
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2013 Rt how do i know if i have launch control. I do not have the the radio with the screen. How do i know and what do i need to have this feature on my Rt. Any feedd back will be great

·
Registered
14,847 Posts
Launch Control was SRT8 only in 2013.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,683 Posts
Tazer does not give launch control even on 2015 cars. Here is what I did to get it on my 2015.

I know there is a TSB on how to get launch control add to 2013 SRTs but have not seen anyone try it on a non-SRT.

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,683 Posts
Here is the TSB I mentioned:

For auto trans SRT (only)

For manual trans SRT (only)

Basically it looks like the ABS and TIPM need to be reprogrammed. From my experience on my 2015 (uses a BCM not TIPM) I need to select the correct chassis type using AlfaOBD and then reinitialize the ABS module to accept the new configuration. Not sure if this process can be done with AlfaOBD on pre-2015 models.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a a 2020 392 scatpack and my launch control isn’t working. When I try to turn it on it displays “unavailable “
Does it have to pass a certain mileage number? I only have 230 miles logged.
the salesman hasn’t returned my calls.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
I have a a 2020 392 scatpack and my launch control isn’t working. When I try to turn it on it displays “unavailable “
Does it have to pass a certain mileage number? I only have 230 miles logged.
the salesman hasn’t returned my calls.
It's in your owner's manual. It says it doesn't unlock until 500 miles.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Thanks, my owners manual is still wrapped in its original plastic wrapping where it will stay as long I’m alive. I’ve been reading it on line and couldn’t find that page.
This is a car that only comes out a few times a month and will stay in the garage all winter.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
19,629 Posts

A Guy

·
Registered
200 Posts
Thanks, my owners manual is still wrapped in its original plastic wrapping where it will stay as long I’m alive. I’ve been reading it on line and couldn’t find that page.
This is a car that only comes out a few times a month and will stay in the garage all winter.
As mentioned there's the Drive Mode Supplement manual, in addition to the User Guide & the Owner's Manual. And don't forget the Uconnect manual. There's about a thousand pages to read.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Does anyone actually use launch control?
I do - and ran a 1.69 60' on street tyres at the drag strip using launch control (SRT392)

We'll have to see what chance it has of trying to keep things under control with the blown 426 :LOL:

·
Premium Member
3,901 Posts
Check this out: the New Ram TRX has Launch Control. Ram Trucks

1 - 16 of 16 Posts