Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is actually going on in Launch Mode?

I know the initial portion holds an RPM like a 2 step. What happens after that? The car doesn't blow the tires off as bad as if I launched it normally at WOT, so the computer is doing something to try to prevent wheelspin. It also seems to work better if you do it a couple of times, like it's learning or calculating what to do the next time.

Any engineers or gurus on here that can answer what is really going on?

So far I can easily beat Launch Control by foot braking and rolling into the throttle, but maybe that's because I don't understand the best way to work WITH it?

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Darned if I know. Never used it. Wish I did...... Will....next year........probably. Looking forward to the answer though.
I have wondered the same thing myself. Just something about the act of doing those things just seems wrong. I'll get over it.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
no clue, either.

Are you launching with traction control on or off?

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have tried both ways. All ways?

Launch Control seems to work much better with traction control on.

·
Registered
15,052 Posts
Thought traction control has to be on or it won't even work, think owners manual says launch and traction remains engaged to 62 mph to help control wheelspin. On mine engine sounds the same thru the wheelspin so guess it drags the rear brake a little.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It still does the 2-step thing with traction control off and/or ESP full-off. But as soon as you release the brake the tires go up in smoke.

·
Premium Member
460 Posts
I've never played with it on my SRT, but I watched a couple of people with videos on Youtube, and I saw several comments about it not working well on the Scat Pack cars.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
It still does the 2-step thing with traction control off and/or ESP full-off. But as soon as you release the brake the tires go up in smoke.

These truly are driver's cars. The better you can control that spin..... Find that sweet spot. I just KNOW it is there somewhere. LOL! Not that I care. I am ALL about the spin!

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
It works with the traction control, the same way it stops you from spinning and doing a burnout with it on. That is why it won't work with ESC fully off only with traction in sport.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,644 Posts
When you launch, once the tires break loose the system controls the amount of wheel spin. A Guy

Reactions: silver scat

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
When you launch, once the tires break loose the system controls the amount of wheel spin. A Guy

Look! Santa Dog.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
20,644 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts