Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is a good 0-60 time for factory all-season street tires on the street?

I've tried a handful of times with and without launch control. Had a best of 4.8 twice in sport mode, no launch control. Had to let out some and get back into it!

Launch control netted low 5s, but I did not play with the RPM setting much. Left it at 2000rpm.

Car is an A8 Scat.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I have done a 4.7 but it was NOT while trying. The best I ever did while trying is 5.4. When you nail it from the start you are finished. All kinds of noise and smoke and after a few seconds I am going 15 mph. LOL!!!
This is a drivers car. It is all there, just have to learn how to apply the power. I am not that into it to work at it. And the whole police thing.......

·
Registered
106 Posts
Best I have done on Michelin Pilot A/S3 all-season 255s, with an A8 on track mode, and launch control with TC on is 4.6. It was around 60F out.

·
Banned
2016 R/T Scat Pack
3,889 Posts
Best I've done is also 4.6, TC on, and it was chilly out.

I have Continental ECDWs 275/40/20

Or so the computer said.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Getting into the 4s with those crappy 245 RSAs is pretty good on the street IMO.

These cars will do high 3s with sticky tires.

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah, these 245 RSAs are not up to the task at all. It will blow them off anywhere under 40mph. Work good for driving to work in the rain though.

Took careful pedal work to get the 4.8s. Have to use the paddles to put it in 1st or the lighter throttle position required lets it into 2nd too early.

Still at 38psi on the tires too.

I think getting it just right I could maybe do a bit better if the tires and streets are warm.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
Best I have done in my little v6 4.04 0-60, 4.20 is pretty normal time I can cut almost every time with out trying, I have to work a little to get 4.0's

Just thought I would share, I like the idea my car is a little quicker than the average scat pack and other models below them, feels like I shouldn't have an issue to take one down in a quick stop light action. I like seeing these 0-60 threads to get a feel where my 0-60 times are at compared to other models.

Reactions: DJsChallenger

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
My best time with the OEM tires was 4.3 on a late night when the temps were cool (in the 50s). I do have to admit I had my Mountain bike on the hitch so I probably could have done a bit better. Also, I wasn't in sports mode. I now have 275s but haven't tried the 0-60 yet. The key is to not allow the tires to spin. You have to stay in that sweet spot throttle wise!

Attachments

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Best I have done in my little v6 4.04 0-60, 4.20 is pretty normal time I can cut almost every time with out trying, I have to work a little to get 4.0's

Just thought I would share, I like the idea my car is a little quicker than the average scat pack and other models below them, feels like I shouldn't have an issue to take one down in a quick stop light action. I like seeing these 0-60 threads to get a feel where my 0-60 times are at compared to other models.
That is very quick! What mods do you have on that car? 3.5 or 3.6 engine?

·
Registered
4,294 Posts

Where are you getting your 0-60 times?

·
Registered
2015 RT 5.7 M6
8,846 Posts
How accurate is the EVIC 0-60 timer? Doesn't the speedo still grab speed from the trans (i.e. wheel spin can give false reading)? I would rather rely on a GPS speedo or a speedo that runs off one of the front tires. When I launch hard in 2nd speedo instantly jumps to like 45mph (supercharged M6) but I am barely moving. It sucks that the 5.7 must shift to 3rd in order to hit 60mph with the stock rev limit.

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
How accurate is the EVIC 0-60 timer? Doesn't the speedo still grab speed from the trans (i.e. wheel spin can give false reading)? I would rather rely on a GPS speedo or a speedo that runs off one of the front tires. When I launch hard in 2nd speedo instantly jumps to like 45mph (supercharged M6) but I am barely moving. It sucks that the 5.7 must shift to 3rd in order to hit 60mph with the stock rev limit.
The timers on the 15+ models are really accurate. Previous years were based on the transmission output shaft, but in 2015 they moved them to the front tires. So as long as you are running very close to the stock front tire diameter they are good. My times in the car are very close to my drag strip times.

·
Registered
2013 Challenger SXT
1,221 Posts
My mods air listen in my signature 3.6 pentastar engine, my 0-60 times comes from my dash, everything reads correct, tire size, gears, speedo- checked by a local radar, where I live we have a nice marked off 1/4 mile racing spot out in farm land area that the locals use to do some grudge racing or just come out to make a pass or two, I also race at a real race track, the diablosport tuner always reads .15-.20 slower in e.t. over a full 1/4 mile, if I run a 12.80 at the track- the tuner reads 13.00 on it's 1/4 mile timer. I use the 0-60 timer that is built in the car and use it a lot to watch my progress or set backs on changes to the car.

So my 0-60 times are legit and very well documented over the years, so there's no fudging, otherwise I'm sure with a little down hill action I could cut a 3.9x 0-60 and say my car runs in the 3's but I have no reason to lie about any of my progress on the car over the last 4 years of tinkering.

I need to update my signature, last outing I ran 12.80 at 105 plus mph with a 1.78 60ft time in 2980 DA, went to the track today but the sun would not come out and they called it and I have to wait til next weekend to see if I can get into the 12.70's or maybe 60's with some small changes I made.

Reactions: DJsChallenger

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
I do not doubt your 0-60times are that low in you are running those e.t.s - was just curious.

Your car is obviously an 1/8mile monster and must jump out on a lot of cars that you are racing! If you raced a Scat pack and they could come out even with you, you would get passed up top pretty good as the 392will always trap over 110.

·
Registered
106 Posts
My mods air listen in my signature 3.6 pentastar engine, my 0-60 times comes from my dash, everything reads correct, tire size, gears, speedo- checked by a local radar, where I live we have a nice marked off 1/4 mile racing spot out in farm land area that the locals use to do some grudge racing or just come out to make a pass or two, I also race at a real race track, the diablosport tuner always reads .15-.20 slower in e.t. over a full 1/4 mile, if I run a 12.80 at the track- the tuner reads 13.00 on it's 1/4 mile timer. I use the 0-60 timer that is built in the car and use it a lot to watch my progress or set backs on changes to the car.

So my 0-60 times are legit and very well documented over the years, so there's no fudging, otherwise I'm sure with a little down hill action I could cut a 3.9x 0-60 and say my car runs in the 3's but I have no reason to lie about any of my progress on the car over the last 4 years of tinkering.

I need to update my signature, last outing I ran 12.80 at 105 plus mph with a 1.78 60ft time in 2980 DA, went to the track today but the sun would not come out and they called it and I have to wait til next weekend to see if I can get into the 12.70's or maybe 60's with some small changes I made.
Damn, thats dope. Grats!

·
Registered
850 Posts
The car reads slower because it doesn't give you any "free" roll-out. When I use my MT drag radials the speedo is about 2-3 mph lower than the strip because the drag radials (275/40/20) are actually slightly larger in diameter than the stock tires. Might be closer if I lower the PSI to around 18 PSI as recommended by MT (I never do).

·
Registered
2016 Jazz Blue A8 Scat
936 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I just pulled a 4.6 trying out track mode with the Taser I just got.

I think using the paddles to put it in 1st (but shifter not in M) is key on street tires. Otherwise the trans upshifts to 2nd too early and may try to downshift again as you roll into the throttle.

(Deserted highway at night) EVIC says 4.6 60mph and 12.5 1/4 mile on factory street tires. Seems decent for a stock car! Wow cars have come a long way since I got my license in 1993!

1 - 20 of 38 Posts