Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question for you guys. Whats the best way to launch an RT 6M. I have read at 1800 and was curious if launching at 2000-2500 would help any. I did a 0-60 the other day and up to that point, my best was a 5.26 with out the 91 canned tune. That day a got a flat 5. I was so stoked. But im just curious to see how others are launching. Mines a stock rt with a 91 canned tune, STP and F1s .

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Mine is just a stock STP six speed car with F1s still. My best has been a 4.81, my usual though is a 5.1-5.3. I've been able to get a hair under 5s with traction control off - I can't remember if I had it on or not for the 4.81 run.

I found the higher I let it rev and then drop it, I end up with to much tire spin and lose time. Lately I've just been revving it to 1000-1200 rpm and then not slowly letting out the clutch but not just dropping it either. Right as I feel it engage hard I drop it from there and put it to the floor, I shift it just before it hits the redline.

I feel like if the car was just geared slightly differently where you didn't have to shift it into 3rd before you hit 60 these cars would be a little quicker in the 0-60.

·
Registered
4,293 Posts
The SRT8 hits 60 in 2nd :)

·
Registered
2015 Scat Pack
2,321 Posts
Well then I have another reason to add to the list to justify my upgrade next year ! I love my damn car, I think it is a blast to drive. I had no idea I would like it this much. If I had known I would have sprung for the SRT from the start.

I always see threads about 0-60 times in the R/Ts. What do the 392 SRT's run anyway. Low 4's?

·
Registered
9,456 Posts
Didn't know the rt needed the third gear to get to 60.

I wonder if with a tune and raised rpm you still need the third gear.
Yes the srt only needs second gear and yes they run low to mid 4s.

As far as launching, I usually launch between 1000 to 1700 1800 depending on weather, tires, tune and etc. You just have to find that sweet spot that works for you. Make sure the clutch is at the point of engagement when you're launching and don't dump the clutch when shifting. Takes a lot of practice with manuals to get it just right.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts