Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Placed my order this afternoon to convert my Plum Crazy SRT Challenger to an even crazier Hennessey HPE600. I'm pumped about finally gettin' blown.

Here's what she'll be getting :smokin::

• MagnaCharger (Chrome) Supercharger System
• Chrome High Flow Air Induction
• Upgraded Fuel Injectors
• American Racing Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers
• Mid-Pipes & High Flow Catalytic Converters
• Corsca Performance Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust
• 180 Degree Thermostat
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• All Necessary Gaskets, Fluids, and Hardware
• Professional Installation
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• Hennessey Plum Crazy Valve Covers
• Hennessey Premium Floormats
• Hennessey Plum Crazy Embroidered Headrests
• Hennessey Gauge Cluster
• Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• HPE600 Exterior Badging
• HPE Limited Warranty

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Looking forward to how it turns out for you.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Congrats. I'm sure you will love it. Sounds like a good set up. Save some money for tires.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Placed my order this afternoon to convert my Plum Crazy SRT Challenger to an even crazier Hennessey HPE600. I'm pumped about finally gettin' blown.

Here's what she'll be getting :smokin::

• MagnaCharger (Chrome) Supercharger System
• Chrome High Flow Air Induction
• Upgraded Fuel Injectors
• American Racing Stainless Steel Long Tube Headers
• Mid-Pipes & High Flow Catalytic Converters
• Corsca Performance Stainless Steel Cat-Back Exhaust
• 180 Degree Thermostat
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• All Necessary Gaskets, Fluids, and Hardware
• Professional Installation
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• Hennessey Plum Crazy Valve Covers
• Hennessey Premium Floormats
• Hennessey Plum Crazy Embroidered Headrests
• Hennessey Gauge Cluster
• Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• HPE600 Exterior Badging
• HPE Limited Warranty

any pics of the plum crazy valve covers

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No pictures yet. I should be getting a phone call early next week to schedule when I will bring the car to Hennessey.

As soon as I get back I will post up the pictures.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Did you guys do any Google searches for Hennessey before you wrote...hey...sweet! or...hey......bitchn man, can't wait to see how it trns out!

Just sayin is all as there have been some pretty serious sh!t go down there that I would never NEVER entrust my car to them.....

Might want to check them out more in depth before it's too late.

Again...I've never had any dealings with them where it involved money for a service...just sayin as I do know some people who have been screwed BIG TIME over there..........

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
I know what you're referring to, but like most large builders, there are good and bad stories. Hennessey does seem to attract more of that than the average builder and I know a few have gone pop. Also, there were some lawsuits.

The biggest issue for me is the tuning. If they're custom tuning, who is doing it and how much experience do they have with your platform? If it's a 6.1 auto car, then it will be a lot easier than if it's a stick car, especially a 5.7 based one (which you don't have).

HemiSam

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know what you're referring to, but like most large builders, there are good and bad stories. Hennessey does seem to attract more of that than the average builder and I know a few have gone pop. Also, there were some lawsuits.

The biggest issue for me is the tuning. If they're custom tuning, who is doing it and how much experience do they have with your platform? If it's a 6.1 auto car, then it will be a lot easier than if it's a stick car, especially a 5.7 based one (which you don't have).

HemiSam

I could be mistaken on this but I'm almost dead-nuts sure that on a certain site one of their employees came out and said they moved VIN numbers around on cars...........plus some other stuff..... This came out because someone wasn't getting their car back in the same condition as he left it or something like that? I'm thinking BUYER BEWARE in a huge sign looks about right to me...like I said, I could be mistaken and if I need to do any research to find the thread I'm talkin about it I will..........

·
Registered
437 Posts
A guy from Hennessey was on a couple of threads in their vendor section and basically said that they completely re-structured and that old stuff is just that - old. I have no idea one way or another but they definitely seem back on the way up with the Venom, etc.

I hope for the OP's sake that is the case. Good luck, definitely post pics when it's done!

·
Banned
928 Posts
Did you guys do any Google searches for Hennessey before you wrote...hey...sweet! or...hey......bitchn man, can't wait to see how it trns out!

Just sayin is all as there have been some pretty serious sh!t go down there that I would never NEVER entrust my car to them.....

Again...I've never had any dealings with them where it involved money for a service...just sayin as I do know some people who have been screwed BIG TIME over there..........
I assume you're referring to the BK's, few blown motors , viper deals gone bad etc.

·
Premium Member
867 Posts

I agree, I considered them for my SRT then after some research I got cold feet. That was a year ago so things might have changed.

I don't get the package, no offense please, you get the badging (covers and mats)of hennesey's name that is under debate. The blower kits come with all the upgrades needed including a safe tested tune . The SRT dosent need headers. Corsa is nice but any muffler shop can install them or do it yourself.

Take your car to A reputal installer (Tim or Adam ) tuner at half the cost, hell Adam will come to your house. Please, this is just my 2 cents, I know because I've been there, just took a different road and love the results.

Keep us posted.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Thanks for sharing your build! We're a tough bunch here, but we mean well. I look forward to seeing you running around Houston with your new found power. Hopefully you'll bring her out to one of the SpaceCity LX events.

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally Posted by Hillbilly_B
"just sayin as I do know some people who have been screwed BIG TIME over there.........."

It's always funny how it's "I know someone" or "My cousin" or "My Brother's sister-in law's dad"...Where are the actual people that got screwed over by Hennessey?

I understand that I'm probably paying more than most, but what the f--- do you guys care how I spend my money. Now...if you guys want to pay for MY CAR and MY UPGRADES then that is a different story. Hell, I would even be willing to drive my car to "Tim or Adam's" house for them to do the work if someone else is paying for it.

BUT, since that's not going to happen I think I'm pretty comfortable with what I'm paying for what Hennessey is providing. Hell...you don't even know what I'm paying, so how can you say I'm paying too much.

HemiSam - I do hang out with SCLX, in fact we met last year at the Waco meet when we were all pulling into the hotel parking lot. Anyway, I look forward to seeing you at other events.

·
Banned
4,698 Posts
Boy that event in Waco was a good time. The party that night put a dent in me...LOL! Look forward to seeing you with the upgrades pinned down. If you're headed to the Texas Mile event next month, I'll likely see you there.

Best of luck.

HemiSam

·
Premium Member
867 Posts
Originally Posted by Hillbilly_B
"just sayin as I do know some people who have been screwed BIG TIME over there.........."

It's always funny how it's "I know someone" or "My cousin" or "My Brother's sister-in law's dad"...Where are the actual people that got screwed over by Hennessey?

I understand that I'm probably paying more than most, but what the f--- do you guys care how I spend my money. Now...if you guys want to pay for MY CAR and MY UPGRADES then that is a different story. Hell, I would even be willing to drive my car to "Tim or Adam's" house for them to do the work if someone else is paying for it.

BUT, since that's not going to happen I think I'm pretty comfortable with what I'm paying for what Hennessey is providing. Hell...you don't even know what I'm paying, so how can you say I'm paying too much.

HemiSam - I do hang out with SCLX, in fact we met last year at the Waco meet when we were all pulling into the hotel parking lot. Anyway, I look forward to seeing you at other events.
I don't know what you paid , but I was looking at the same package so my presumption was it was similar to my quote.
If the customer is happy thats all that matters in the end.

The forums and the evil-net are good and bad with all the one sided information. You have to sift through all the information and take it for what its worth.

Good luck with the build, I look forward to reading a first person review from a CT member.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts