Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered my 2014 SRT8 392 Challenger on 10-29-13, and patience is not something I am good at. Can anyone tell me how long it took to get your car from order date? Also, I've read where people were getting their VIN's through emails and can check the status of their car? My dealer hasn't told me anything about that. Thanks in advance guys.

1,931 Posts
I ordered my 2013 exactly one year before you ordered you 2014 (Oct 29, 2012). My car arrived at the dealer on Dec 17, 2012.......that was an average time frame but many factors can change the delivery date...weather, strikes, part on back order, etc......your dealer can have updates emailed to you but they are not real time...your dealer can track your order in real time if he knows how..mine did,,

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am very hopeful that I get it before new years. The dealer made it sound like it would be late January when I ordered it, but they were trying to persuade me to buy one they already had on their lot that day.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
It takes 6-8 weeks honestly. Major milestones are... getting a vin.... getting a build date... first day hitting frame... passing final inspection... leaving the plant... arriving at the dealership.

Your salesman can tell you when a VIN is assigned and can track all of these milestones but depending on how good they are and how much they want to keep on top of this is anyones guess. My salesman sent me an email for every single change.

Word of warning to you... once it passes final inspection depending on where the cars that are being built when yours is and where they are heading it can take some time to leave the plant. THere are holding places that they move mass amounts of cars to and then from that point they leave for their final trip to the dealership.. Most of the times that last part is the longest as they have to have a full car mover headed in your direction before it leaves.

·
Premium Member
5,641 Posts
I ordered my RT....

On 09 JAN, 2013. It showed up in VOTS a few days later. I was told 6-10 weeks, by the dealer. They were a little "off." It showed up 10 April. I ordered my SRT on 10 NOV 2013. "VOT's" shows it as "Ordered for Production." VOT's probably has ZERO accuracy, as it showed my RT as complete 4 weeks after I ordered it. When do I expect my SRT? Who knows....I hope no later than MAY. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
I ordered my '14 Challenger Classic on 9/23/13 it arrived at the dealership on 11/23/13 and I picked it up yesterday. So it was exactly two months from the day I placed my order. They gave me a print out the day I left the dealer it was similar to an invoice and had the last eight of the vin on it. The VOT's doesn't seem real accurate, but it only takes about two days to build the car one they start.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I called the dealer this morning and was told that it is too early for any kind of update. Said they don't have a vin yet or basically any news at all. It has been 4 weeks today. I'm a little anxious to hear something. They also told me it would be 90+ days from order date. Really starting to wish I had went to a bigger dealer.

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
I called the dealer this morning and was told that it is too early for any kind of update. Said they don't have a vin yet or basically any news at all. It has been 4 weeks today. I'm a little anxious to hear something. They also told me it would be 90+ days from order date. Really starting to wish I had went to a bigger dealer.
It all starts with getting assigned a VIN. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Received news today that my car is days away from going to the shipping yard! My dealer doesn't seem to know anything about how long it takes to get a car, so can anyone tell me how much longer of a wait I have ahead of me? Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts