Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering buying OEM leathers, or Katskinz. Can anyone tell me what to expect to pay (roughly) for installation labor? Are there any brands of seatcovers I should take a look at?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Stick with Katzkin. Here in SW Missouri, I paid $300 labor to install the seat covers and door panels.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
What do you have now?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What do you have now?
Right now I have nothing. I am debating the benefits of buying a Challenger with the leather (requiring other expensive options I don't need) vs. buying a car with cloth and having it done aftermarket.

·
Registered
536 Posts
I looked into this myself....I found that it would cost about $400-$500 depending on what shop you go with. You would have to take out the two front seats, but I dont know how they would do the back. I'm guessing they would have to remove them as well which is why it costs about $400+...If you can get it down below $400, that would be a good deal.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
When I was buying mine, I was looking at a car with cloth and asked the saleswoman how much to put in leather. She said around $1,500. Guess who I didn't buy a car from. After getting on here, I found you can get some SRT takeoffs for as little as $300 for the red stripe, a couple hundred more if you want yellow or purple. You can do it yourself.

When I took out my back seat to install wiring for my rear camera, I noticed that it just drapes around the seat and hooks and velcros on. If you didn't want the heated seats and wanted to save $550, you could get the cloth and then buy the SRT and do it yourself. Evan sometimes has R/T leathers as well. http://takeoffautopaarts.com Unless you were going with the Katzkin.

I wanted the heated seats, so I went with factory installed.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
I paid 300 to install the seatcovers, and 80 each for the door panel inserts. I takes longer to do each door panel than it did to do both front seats.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Did you have to buy the covers in addition to the $300 installation? Where did you get them?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Yes the covers themselves are a seperate expense. I got them thru dodge, there are different levels you can get, i got the 774.00 set there is also a premium grade that cost around 1200 and another at 1700 per set. I've got a friend that runs his own custom auto interior shop and has been doing it for 20 years, and has done several other cars for me, the pic below is right after i had them installed, the wrinkles are gone now. You can specify what type of stitching or piping you want from katzkin, and you usually get the embroidery for free, either on the seatback or the headrest. The 774 set came complete with material for the side door panels, as well as a cover for the armrest/console cover, which i haven't installed yet.

Chrysler EASy this link takes you to the accessories page from dodge with seatcover choices. The choices offered include uninstalled or installed prices. If you have dodge do them, they'll charge more than 300 to install. The 774 kit goes for 1124 installed The 1200 kit is uninstalled for the premium tuscany leather (a little softer) and costs 1700 installed. If you don't have a shop to do them for you, i'd just get the installed kit instead. The price is fair. My way did not cost much different than what it would have cost dodge to do for me. Mine is saddle tan with tawny suede inserts, yellow stitching (matches exterior color)

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
What did you do with the take offs?

·
Registered
1,659 Posts
I did mine in 8 or so hours worth of work... first time every doing upholstery.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I called for a quote and learned that my local shop willcharge about $400 for labor if I supply skins,so that sounds fairly typical.
Thanks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts