Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had 2 v6 Challengers, a Silver 2010 3.5l and a Toxic Orange 3.6 2011.I loved both cars and modded them and enjoyed them very much.I came accross the opportunity to get a 2014 Plum Crazy Purple RT Classic and couldn't pass it up.I love the Hemi.Having said that they are All Challengers and the coolest cars going.Enjoy your cars,go mod crazy on them like I did.I check out every Challenger on the road v6 or v8 because you can't help but look at these cars.Everyone take care and drive safely.:thanks:

·
Registered
3,380 Posts
seems like many SE owners eventually get a RT......my brother has a 2012 v6 300....and he regretted not getting the 5.7 after the first week.....base RT's are a pretty good deal...i wonder why more SE owners just don't go for it on day 1

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
I have had 2 v6 Challengers, a Silver 2010 3.5l and a Toxic Orange 3.6 2011.I loved both cars and modded them and enjoyed them very much.I came accross the opportunity to get a 2014 Plum Crazy Purple RT Classic and couldn't pass it up.I love the Hemi.Having said that they are All Challengers and the coolest cars going.Enjoy your cars,go mod crazy on them like I did.I check out every Challenger on the road v6 or v8 because you can't help but look at these cars.Everyone take care and drive safely.:thanks:
Congrats! I'm pretty sure you're still considered to be in the family since you got another Challenger!
Post some pics once you get the chance!

·
Registered
876 Posts
seems like many SE owners eventually get a RT......my brother has a 2012 v6 300....and he regretted not getting the 5.7 after the first week.....base RT's are a pretty good deal...i wonder why more SE owners just don't go for it on day 1
For me it was economics. 1) Lower monthly payment, 2) lower insurance rates, and 3) better mileage (I know it's only a couple of MPGs, but that adds up over the miles). I got the "look" I wanted in my '13 GCM SXT+ w/ plenty enough power for me and more than enough to make the kids say, "WAHOO!"

to the OP: CONGRATS ON THE NEW RIDE! PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN.

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
enjoy the new PCP...awesome color

·
Registered
20 Posts
I Traded in my 2012 V6 Challenger for a 2013 R/T

This past Wednesday I traded in my 2012 V6 model and I upgraded to a 2013 R/T. Best decision of my life. I love this machine!

·
Registered
536 Posts
For me it was economics. 1) Lower monthly payment, 2) lower insurance rates, and 3) better mileage (I know it's only a couple of MPGs, but that adds up over the miles). I got the "look" I wanted in my '13 GCM SXT+ w/ plenty enough power for me and more than enough to make the kids say, "WAHOO!"

to the OP: CONGRATS ON THE NEW RIDE! PICS OR IT DIDNT HAPPEN.
I traded in my SE about 3 weeks ago. I lowered my APR, my monthly payment is $1 less LOL, my insurance STAyed the same, and I don't notice any difference in the gas mileage. :thanks:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts
I traded in my SE about 3 weeks ago. I lowered my APR, my monthly payment is $1 less LOL, my insurance STAyed the same, and I don't notice any difference in the gas mileage. :thanks:
congrats on the new ride but you're clearly not driving that HEMI the way God intended LOL :bouncy:

·
Registered
9,272 Posts

·
Banned
1,898 Posts
I can see your credit getting better to lower your APR, but what insurance company do you have that rates the SE and RT in the same bracket?

·
Banned
1,079 Posts
I can see your credit getting better to lower your APR, but what insurance company do you have that rates the SE and RT in the same bracket?
USAA Does all they care about is the name when I went from V6-V8-V6 Mustangs my rate never budged.(other then aging myself) I asked about the engine and they told me it didn't matter. All they see is a RWD Coupe.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
552 Posts
I was debating between a challenger and a mazda3 and it turned out the challenger was $20 a month cheaper. Was just another reason for me to get the car.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
1,803 Posts
PCP is a great color choice, I have had mine for a few months and have only seen one other

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1384766513.532138.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
9,272 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
UOTE=Richmonddjs;1808594]I can see your credit getting better to lower your APR, but what insurance company do you have that rates the SE and RT in the same bracket?[/QUOTE]

Century 21 :blueblob:

They have some great rates :jawdrop:

·
Banned
349 Posts
Congrats on the upgrade! Moving up into a v8 is the way to go and what an awesome color to boot!

As for insurance, when we were shopping, I contacted GEICO (our ins. co.) and they told us engine size meant nothing and had zero impact on the policy as we were bouncing back and forth between the R/T and SRT. I just didn't want to be locking in to 93 octane for a daily driver. Amazingly for us, full coverage on the R/T with $500 deductible is only $1050 per year! Less than we were paying on a 2000 Chevy Venture mini van, due to all of it's safety rating etc. Another bonus of owning a Challenger!

·
Registered
633 Posts
I am going to do the same when they come back Toxic...but the new Vette sure looks back at me too.

Congrats on the Plum its a beautiful car color!!!!!:wave:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts