Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been debating on how to do this to lighten up the dark interior just a bit. I'd like to put a silver LED inside/behind the Challenger logo on the right side of the dash but before I go about messing with it, I thought I'd see if anyone else has accomplished this?

·
Registered
957 Posts
I've been debating on how to do this to lighten up the dark interior just a bit. I'd like to put a silver LED inside/behind the Challenger logo on the right side of the dash but before I go about messing with it, I thought I'd see if anyone else has accomplished this?
It seems like that would be tricky. Its a badge that sits flush on the plastic dash. Getting an LED behind there would require drilling into the dash.

Footwell lighting might help and not be too bright for night driving, or you can just put it on the circuit that triggers when the doors open.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm ok with drilling in the dash as long as I'm doing it correctly. I just love the idea of the logo shining bright from the dash. I was thinking of doing a custom plaque that sits just a tab bit off the dash to hold a flat LED, but my issue comes in on where to run the wire...which is where the drilling comes in I believe.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
I am thinking it will depend on if you want the light on at all times or only when the rest of the interior lights come on, as in when you open a door.

If you want it on only when you open a door then tap into the wire that runs to the passenger door for the lighting. If I remember correctly, but don't take my word for it, the doors are wired together where the passenger door is wired to the driver door.

If you want the light on when the headlights come on, as do a number of the small interior lights, then you can also run them off the passenger door wire as there is one for the door handle light. You just need to test to find the correct wire and then tap into it. All the door wires, from both sides, run as a bundle from the door to compartment up behind the dash. It may be a PITA to get to it all but I am sure you can if you take your time.

As for actually doing a custom plaque that allows for a led to be behind it I would say <removed>

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did you dive into this project? I'd be interested in seeing the results.
No I haven't had the chance yet. Probably will in a few months when I get a chance to really sit down and map it out, have some ideas.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts