Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally after a ton of hours I have my lighting job complete.

I installed red led strips in the engine bay under my strut tower brace and under the radiator support.

I installed red led strips behind the grill to make it back lit.

I installed a 22" led knight rider bar in my lower grill.

I installed dual color SMD Halos in all the front lights that are capable of both red and white.

Lastly I wired in two led status lights, one white and one red in my console. The red halos are operated via a console switch and when on the red led let's me know. The white halos are operated via one of AAC's multi-function control boxes allowing me to use a remote to turn them on, dim them, strobe them, etc. When on the white led in the console lets me know as well as shows me their status (strobe, etc.). The led scanner bar also works via remote and is multi color and has about 2000 different mode combinations it seems.

A couple pics below (don't judge my poor photography please)...I will post some daytime ones tomorrow that I will have my bride take. Waiting for a video to upload to my youtube and I will post that as well...

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes...the leds under the strut bar, radiator support, and grill are all AAC's weatherproof led strips with adhesive backing.

The wiring of all this is what took so much time but I would be more than happy to walk you thru what I did when you are ready, maybe even do a sketch for you. If you are not doing halos then it's much much easier.

Eric

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now you should totally put in some undercar LED running lights. I did it, and it's badass

I have always liked undercar lighting but around here it's generally a huge negitive as the car guys treat you like your driving a Japanese car from the fast and the furious....not sure I can take that kind of beating every weekend... :fight:

·
Registered
428 Posts
I have always liked undercar lighting but around here it's generally a huge negitive as the car guys treat you like your driving a Japanese car from the fast and the furious....not sure I can take that kind of beating every weekend... :fight:
Doesn't really matter what others think, it's your car and if you like it go for it. You've done a great job so far and wouldn't expect the undercar lights to be anything but quality as well.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Exactly. who gives two ****s about what others think? It's YOUR car. who cares if you rice it out? ricers are sick, and so is american muscle, why not combine the best of both?

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Doesn't really matter what others think, it's your car and if you like it go for it. You've done a great job so far and wouldn't expect the undercar lights to be anything but quality as well.
Point well made no doubt. How does the stuff under the car hold up in a winter environment? I drive my car 24/7/365 so that is also a consideration.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally after a ton of hours I have my lighting job complete.

I installed red led strips in the engine bay under my strut tower brace and under the radiator support.

I installed red led strips behind the grill to make it back lit.

I installed a 22" led knight rider bar in my lower grill.

I installed dual color SMD Halos in all the front lights that are capable of both red and white.

Lastly I wired in two led status lights, one white and one red in my console. The red halos are operated via a console switch and when on the red led let's me know. The white halos are operated via one of AAC's multi-function control boxes allowing me to use a remote to turn them on, dim them, strobe them, etc. When on the white led in the console lets me know as well as shows me their status (strobe, etc.). The led scanner bar also works via remote and is multi color and has about 2000 different mode combinations it seems.

A couple pics below (don't judge my poor photography please)...I will post some daytime ones tomorrow that I will have my bride take. Waiting for a video to upload to my youtube and I will post that as well...

Hi! I am about to install a Knight Rider led bar on my grill and was wondering which wires you spliced to power it up?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts