Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to replace my exisiting tail light bulbs with LED's.

Everyplace I have gone or questioned said that I need a load resistor between the leads of each bulb. Does anyone make an LED with the resistors built in? I do not want to purchase a entire LED light assembly, I just want to change the bulbs. The reason I do not want to purchase the entire premade is because they don not work sequentially as mine do now.

Any help appreciated.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
V-LEDS.com, they'll answer your questions on this and they have all the stuff on hand. I know because they did mine!
Justin

·
Registered
2009 R/T
1,371 Posts
You will need 2 50 watt resistors for each side- 4 in total. These will simulate the load of the stock turn bulbs in the rear. If you don't the signals will quick flash as in the burned bulb detection. I wired mine in the trunk behind the trim panels. They don't need to be at the bulbs just attached to the circuit. Any more than 2 per side is a waste of money and will double the draw on the circuit.

50 watt resistors

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LED taillight bulbs

Thanks to all for the information. I will try to get the materials and get the job done.....will post afterward.:)

·
Premium Member
472 Posts
I've got led bulbs in mine as well except that mine are non-sequential (but they all light). I have a 25 watt and a 50 watt in parallel on both sides. For mounting I bought some magnets at Lowes (1/2 x 3/4 x 1 1/4) and glued the resistors to them. Those resistors get pretty hot. I would also recommend soldering them in once you find the right combination since those clip on connectors aren't very reliable.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Resistors

I would like to replace my exisiting tail light bulbs with LED's.

Everyplace I have gone or questioned said that I need a load resistor between the leads of each bulb. Does anyone make an LED with the resistors built in? I do not want to purchase a entire LED light assembly, I just want to change the bulbs. The reason I do not want to purchase the entire premade is because they don not work sequentially as mine do now.

Any help appreciated.:thumbsup:
Superbrightlights.com has 2 flasher modules that work with LED's without having to install resistors. :woot:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts