Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,i'm going to attempt to explain this best i can. I want to put headlighht covers on my car but i want people to see the turn signals. I never liked where the turn signals are on the car to begin with so my solution is to put some clear 3'' round led lights that light up amber in the lower air intake of the car. One i think it will look more old school because it's closer to where to 70's car turn signals were and two you will see them with the headlight covers on. I also want to disable the stock signals so i just have the leds. Has anyone done this or something similar and or what do you guys think of the idea?

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
you mean put them in the lower grille?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah,put them at the outer edge of the lower grill but i am going to cut out just enough in the grill so they are flush.

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
Why don't you swap the fogs and the parking lights. Thats what I'm doing. Just a little backyard engineering is all it takes. Extensions to get the turn/park lights to reach the OEM fogs with a jeep wrangler turn signal inside the OEM fog housing that accepts the 3157 dual filament bulbs, and an extension with male adapter to run the fogs up to the grille using a 3156 single filament bulb.

Better yet here is a write up within the forums:
http://www.challengertalk.com/forum...rn-signals-83908/?highlight=retro+turn+signal
I'm using a lot of what he says with my own simplifying ways...ordered pre made extensions so there is no need to hand make my own as he has.

This way there is no cutting of the lower grille, and all looks stock. Just an idea.:bigthumb:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the link Stinger!! I did think about putting them where the fog lights were but wasn't sure how they would look being so far apart but his lit up doesn't look bad. Never did think about lighting up the stock turn signals white though....great idea. Where did you order the extensions from?

·
Premium Member
280 Posts
I'll PM you the source of my wire extensions as I'm not positive they are or are not a supporting vendor here, but their products are pretty solid and their customer service was knowledgable and fast. Another member posted this vid of their retro signal mod, so you can see them in action:Challenger SRT8 foglight mod - YouTube
I'm in the beginning stages myself of fitting the Jeep signal housing into the OEM Challenger housing (I bought new ones to work with, as I keep all my take offs).
The two on the left are 3157 extensions I got off ebay. They work and are the correct length to get to the OEM fogs. The 4 on the right were ordered from another site I'll PM you about. Its a male 5202 to pigtails, and the others are pigtails to female 3156/7. One wire will have to be trimmed and capped for the single filament. I'll be using 3156 LEDS so wattage will be a non issue. I would recommend using a straight 3157 vice what I have the 90 degree 3157 as fitment might be an issue without more modification to the housing. :thumbsup:

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
I'll PM you the source of my wire extensions as I'm not positive they are or are not a supporting vendor here, but their products are pretty solid and their customer service was knowledgable and fast. Another member posted this vid of their retro signal mod, so you can see them in action:Challenger SRT8 foglight mod - YouTube

I'm in the beginning stages myself of fitting the Jeep signal housing into the OEM Challenger housing (I bought new ones to work with, as I keep all my take offs).

The two on the left are 3157 extensions I got off ebay. They work and are the correct length to get to the OEM fogs. The 4 on the right were ordered from another site I'll PM you about. Its a male 5202 to pigtails, and the others are pigtails to female 3156/7. One wire will have to be trimmed and capped for the single filament. I'll be using 3156 LEDS so wattage will be a non issue. I would recommend using a straight 3157 vice what I have the 90 degree 3157 as fitment might be an issue without more modification to the housing. :thumbsup:

May I ask what wheels those are? They're pretty sweet.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts