Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2016 R/T Scat Pack
1,577 Posts
My '16 came with factory installed HID's and I love them.

·
Super Moderator
17,441 Posts
if your Challenger came with standard halogen headlights - changing over to LED is the most straightforward.

I put LEDs in my halogen headlight car - they're a tad brighter than my Challengers HIDs and have the bright white color like an HID.

since all models have projector housings, this makes things a little easier - you need the dual element style lamp to have high beam function - so that is an important thing to look for.

Reactions: 6.4Mike

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Stars & Stripes Scatpack
193 Posts
I had hid's in my challenger GT and loved them when I upgraded to a scatpack it had halogen bulbs which I hated ended up finding the oracle high output led kit for headlights and fog lights and they are surprisingly bright not quite the range of hid but way better then halogen.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger Stars & Stripes Scatpack
193 Posts
Where did you guys buy the LED’s ??
If to my post I got them from oracle lights.com

one of the vendors here was torn between the oracle high output and dyiode dynamics SL1 both fit in stock halogen housings but I bit the bullet and choose oracle no disappointment.

·
Registered
104 Posts
I have recently installed 6000K Proteckz 55W LEDs and replaced the default Philips halogens. There is considerable improvement from the outside (Looks), but while sitting at the drivers seat, the improvement seems rather mediocre. In any case, the installation was very easy, took about 20 mins. I have also ordered a 6000K Xentec 55W HID Kit with a relay harness (to protect the electronics - presumably). This ought to be a more complicated install, but I am looking forward to it, if it would improve things further.
Vehicle Car Mode of transport Night Urban area
Automotive lighting Light Night Asphalt Lighting
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Night Mode of transport
Light Road surface Architecture Concrete Night
Land vehicle Car Headlamp Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
471 Posts
Did any of you that bought LED kits get any extra hardware for it to not flicker or throw codes? Also did you just install it into the same halogen housing and put the cap back on or did you need to get an extension for the housing?

Reactions: A Guy

·
Registered
104 Posts
Did any of you that bought LED kits get any extra hardware for it to not flicker or throw codes? Also did you just install it into the same halogen housing and put the cap back on or did you need to get an extension for the housing?
No the led kit comes with a couple led bulbs and short wires with a plug. I simply removed the dust caps took out the halogen bulbs disconnected their plugs and replaced them with the LEDs connecting back the plugs and fitting back the dust caps. The LEDs are 9008 for the pre 2015 challengers and 9012 for the post 2015 challengers. The hard thing is to gain Hand access to the drivers side because the air filter box needs to be removed.

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
471 Posts
No the led kit comes with a couple led bulbs and short wires with a plug. I simply removed the dust caps took out the halogen bulbs disconnected their plugs and replaced them with the LEDs connecting back the plugs and fitting back the dust caps. The LEDs are 9008 for the pre 2015 challengers and 9012 for the post 2015 challengers. The hard thing is to gain Hand access to the drivers side because the air filter box needs to be removed.
You have no problems with flicker?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts