Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stopped at my local dealership today to pick up my Mopar short throw shifter and was surprised to 6 -2010 Challengers left in stock. 5 - RT's and 1 SRT. Asked the sales manager what the deal was and he said " Spring is coming, we will sell them all as soon as the snow is gone". Any body else seeing a lot of leftovers? Thought I might see 1 not 6.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,735 Posts
There's definitely no shortage of 2010's out there and with the 11's coming in, I expect some type of spiffs to be offered soon to help clear the lots. It was March of last year when very low interest financing along with $2,000 Mopar Bucks came about and I'm happy to say I got both!
In my case, I'm on the fence wanting to order a GWE 392. If/when new incentives are offered, I'll be ready to JUMP off the fence for sure. I'm actually afraid to NOT wait it out because of what happened last year with PCP's. Some people who were bragging about getting theirs first missed out on the $2,000 Mopar Bucks Program. They took it in stride, but I'd have been pissed missing out by a week or two.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree....what surprised me was that SRT FF was still there. They are confident they are going to go quickly. They have a IE392 and a bunch of R/T's in transit. So I bet some lucky buyers are going to get great deals.

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT
3,735 Posts
Well, you gotta figure dealers are reluctant to order new cars until they unload their old stock and Dodge needs to build new ones to keep the plant busy and make money. Something's got to give and IMO, it will take special incentives coupled with better weather to do it. Crappy weather's been a major factor this Winter. The average person wouldn't dream of putting these cars on the road now except for warm weather climates?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Just take note that the longer you wait, the less selection you will have. I had been holding out for a 2010 RT six speed for a few months in Dark Titanium or Brillant Silver.

When Dodge offered the $1,500 rebate for the manuals, I noticed the inventory of six speeds went fast, and the only colors I could find locally were Black.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I live in California and they have about 10 or so 2010's left. They are the same ones that were there when I bought mine in December. Looks like they have only sold maybe 5 including mine in the last 2 months.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Went to order up a 392 IE at local dealer..
Had zero idea what I was talking about...
While there they did have a 2010 SRT red, manual, sunroof sitting..
I offered 38 for the car...
They said no way..
So procured the IE from eleswhere..
Got an email couple weeks ago.. They would do 37900 for car now..
Yup, still sitting there as of 02/08/2011...

·
Registered
574 Posts
Haha, they're so confident they're going to sell. Maybe if they actually have good deals. If not, just let them sit longer and depreciate more. Dumb ass Dodge dealers, no wonder they went bankrupt.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
live in a city of 90000. 3 dealerships . 25 challengers on the lots (2010) including ff, det yellows srts classics Mopar 10 you name it they are sitting here !

·
Registered
388 Posts
My local dealer still has 32 challengers left.... And theyre offering 4-7k off the msrp.

·
Premium Member
859 Posts
my dealer here in upstate new york still has 5 from this time last year.2 of which are stage 5 hurst cars.i heard they were willing to knock 3 grand off one of the hursts.so instead of 77,000,it is 74,000 whew.that doesnt even cover the tax.when i bought my rt all of the salesmen there were very smug about how this car going to lift chrysler out of all of its trouble.these are awesome cars,but please...they are not going to be bought by the masses,they are not cornerstone car.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bought a TorRed SE for my wife yesterday, $4500.00 off sticker. There are still several 2010's in the Little Rock Ar area, Landers Jeep/Dodge still has 2 FF R/T Auto's, that they can't sell.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts