Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2009 RT manual. I took it in to the dealership some time ago for a driver side airbag recall fix. After the fix, the esp/bas light started coming on everytime my left hand turn signal clicked off. I did some research and discovered that there's a plastic sleeve around the steering wheel column and that apparently when you slide it up towards the steering wheel and then tighten an alan key bolt on the bottom of it, it will take care of the problem. I tried this fix and it worked great for a while - until the sleeve started falling away from the steering wheel again. I tightened the bolt again and managed to strip it. Now I'm thinking piece of tape, but would really rather actually fix the problem for real. There's some mention of $650 for a new clock spring and another for a steering angle sensor. Please help if you have had this experience!

·
Registered
328 Posts
I have a 2009 RT manual. I took it in to the dealership some time ago for a driver side airbag recall fix. After the fix, the esp/bas light started coming on everytime my left hand turn signal clicked off. I did some research and discovered that there's a plastic sleeve around the steering wheel column and that apparently when you slide it up towards the steering wheel and then tighten an alan key bolt on the bottom of it, it will take care of the problem. I tried this fix and it worked great for a while - until the sleeve started falling away from the steering wheel again. I tightened the bolt again and managed to strip it. Now I'm thinking piece of tape, but would really rather actually fix the problem for real. There's some mention of $650 for a new clock spring and another for a steering angle sensor. Please help if you have had this experience!
If it hasn't been too long since the did the fix, go back and tell them there is a problem caused when they did it. It sounds like you might have waited too long though, not to mention you have been in there. They would be protecting their interests to say you did it now. You never know, maybe it happened a lot when they did that fix and it's a known issue. Never hurts to ask.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts