Dodge Challenger Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey, that's only about 30 minutes from my house!! Didn't know Doug was doing pictures at track days, only see the drag strip pictures he posts.

I have a buddy with a Pontiac Firebird that goes to the track days all the time. He swapped big multi-piston calipers front and back, built his own kit for it. Went once and spectated, but haven't driven on the track yet.
Dion, I believe we have met at the track on the Friday Night Drag nights. I have met two guys at the road course who have Firebirds, one is 3d gen and the other is a 4th gen (this guy said he had rear mounted twin turbos on it at one point). Here is a [video] of those track days; the 4th gen firebird is the 3rd car. You should try out your challenger this year! Will you be attending either the May 2 open road course or the May 9 drags (assuming these do not get cancelled)?

Reactions: DionR

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
564 Posts
Dion, I believe we have met at the track on the Friday Night Drag nights.
Ah yes, I remember. Didn't realize that was you. I should have been able to figure that out. Been a couple of years.

I have met two guys at the road course who have Firebirds, one is 3d gen and the other is a 4th gen (this guy said he had rear mounted twin turbos on it at one point). Here is a [video] of those track days; the 4th gen firebird is the 3rd car.
His is an early one (69?), didn't see it in your video.

Car looks and sounds good!

You should try out your challenger this year
Trying to sell it right now (not sure there is a worse time, oh well) so I can pay down some debt and then buy a Scat Pack. But my Duster would be workable, like to give it a shot.

Funny thing is, for a long I have preferred the road course to the drag strip, and even built my Duster more as a canyon cruiser or road course toy, and yet I have never been on a course. Sad.

Will you be attending either the May 2 open road course or the May 9 drags (assuming these do not get cancelled)?
If the weather is good, I will probably be working on the garage project that never ends. Still have 2 walls to frame and/or sheet and a bunch of miscellaneous steps to complete. So, even if they do open things up, pretty unlikely I will make it.

Reactions: jackstr

·
Registered
19 Posts
Ah yes, I remember. Didn't realize that was you. I should have been able to figure that out. Been a couple of years.

His is an early one (69?), didn't see it in your video.

Car looks and sounds good!

Trying to sell it right now (not sure there is a worse time, oh well) so I can pay down some debt and then buy a Scat Pack. But my Duster would be workable, like to give it a shot.

Funny thing is, for a long I have preferred the road course to the drag strip, and even built my Duster more as a canyon cruiser or road course toy, and yet I have never been on a course. Sad.

If the weather is good, I will probably be working on the garage project that never ends. Still have 2 walls to frame and/or sheet and a bunch of miscellaneous steps to complete. So, even if they do open things up, pretty unlikely I will make it.
Dion is this the T/A you are referring to? He was at the previous month open road course day. I catch him up in this Dash mounted [VIDEO] at around 15:05 and pass him at 16:50. It would be great to see your Duster out there! Scat Pack sounds like a great way to go! Any wide body or 1320 package ideas? View attachment 991733

·
Registered
‘15 R/T 6M STP
564 Posts
Dion is this the T/A you are referring to?
Here's a video of his car. Full car shot at the beginning, the rest is just in-car shots.

Blue 1968 Firebird with 2018 Camaro Brembo's.

It would be great to see your Duster out there! Scat Pack sounds like a great way to go! Any wide body or 1320 package ideas?
Love either the wide body or 1320, WB being my preference (they just look cool to me). But I will be lucky to get into a low option SP that is less than 4 years old.

I struggle a little bit with selling mine because I really like the car. Just want Brembos, more hp, bigger wheels and tires, etc. and it just seems like the smart way to do it is to change cars. But it's not like people are buying cars right now, even the one retired guy that looked at it backed away because of the uncertainty. So I might get to hold onto it.

Reactions: jackstr

·
Premium Member
484 Posts
Hallett T-10, this past weekend Great people, good track, this pic is courtesy of them, included with our lapping fees. I usually do the higher speed tracks, so this one was more challenging. The big meats, 12" wide x4 wheels, 325/30's stuffed in the front, 345/30's in the rear could care less (they are not tattered a bit), lots of suspension mods. Front BMR bar set to least stiff! Good performer at the track. Rides down the road maybe better than stock.

41 - 47 of 47 Posts