Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Challenger RT Plus
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes it’s a small mod and some might say it doesn’t even qualify as a “mod”, but it can say a lot about your personality or how you like to portray your car. I’m still using the dealer frame as I just got my challenger last week. What’s everyone got?

Reactions: RockanRoll

·
Super Moderator
14,905 Posts
I have a black frame with orange text (to match the Hemi-orange color of my car).

The top of the frame reads: DODGE CHALLENGER

The bottom of the frame reads: SRT 8

A great selection of custom frames can be found at:

·
Registered
2009 B5 SRT8 M6
199 Posts
One of the first things I did, not bad for eBay

Reactions: RockanRoll

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
23,453 Posts
Thin and black to show off the plate, powder coated SS

A Guy

·
Registered
172 Posts
When I received my original set of regular white CA license plates, I acquired a pair of repro. die-cast Grand Spaulding Dodge license plates frames from the Mr. Norm's website. I put those on my new Challenger but really no reaction. I think I only encountered maybe 5 people who knew what Grand-Spaulding Dodge was. When my CA legacy plates finally arrived, I decided to not use the Grand Spaulding frames & instead found a black urethane license plate frames at Pep Boys that are flexible and won't leave wear marks or scratches on the plates or the vehicle. I like the more subtle look of not having a frame that advertises the dealership but I have relented on my 69 Charger that still wears it's original CA black plates. I found the original dealership die-cast frames hanging on the garage wall in a very corroded condition. I took them to a local plater in Irwindale, CA & for $150.00, he ground down the pitting, built up the frames with copper & chrome plated them. I have had them on the Charger for about 3 years & they are in great shape. They replaced my "Mopar or No Car" frames.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
When I did my Challenger up all retro, I used a repro 1970s era Direct Connection license frame. I thought it fit my car's theme well, but even a lot of car guys didn't know what Direct Connection was, and the "I get mine from direct connection" statement along with the two arrows touching each other can kinda be interpreted as a different message nowadays...

·
Registered
301 Posts

Plain black to let the legacy plate to the talking!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Where’d you get you script challenger badge?
It came stock on the Scat Pack Widebody. Which means you can probably order it through your local dealer or Steve White. I do like it. One of the silly reasons I like the Challenger. In years prior I dreamed of the R/T classic. That model nailed the retro look IMHO.

·
Premium Member
2014 Challenger SRT 8
1,169 Posts
no plate on mine, just the plate with cool hdw tho

I have the screws polished a little, no black covers

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
I also notice that I can no longer post hi-res photos unless I pay for the VIP level of Tapatalk.
Whatev.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,804 Posts
I also notice that I can no longer post hi-res photos unless I pay for the VIP level of Tapatalk.
Whatev.

You can see the pics you post via Tapatalk? I can't see half the pics in this thread.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
You can see the pics you post via Tapatalk? I can't see half the pics in this thread.

Looks like I can see my posted pictures. But like you, about half the others I can’t see.

·
Registered
15,804 Posts
Looks like I can see my posted pictures.

I'd be happy with that at this point.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts