Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
March 20th, 2011 is the first day of Spring. Given that on December 1st with snow in the forecast, I'm pretty much done driving my R/T until spring, I need a countdown to keep my spirits up! :)

At any rate here we go - c'mon, Spring!

108 days and counting

5,134 Posts
My car has already been stationary for 30 days. Fortunately I enjoy the snowmobiles in the winter -- that kinda helps.

My car comes out of hibernation April 1, depending on the road conditions.

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
I feel for you folks who can't drive you pride and joy in winter. We all have our issues with the area of the country we live in. We have almost zero snow in Alabama so there's no rust issue with Alabama cars. On a sunny day the Challenger can come out here. Spring will be here soon enough.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My car has already been stationary for 30 days. Fortunately I enjoy the snowmobiles in the winter -- that kinda helps.

My car comes out of hibernation April 1, depending on the road conditions.
I have a snowmobile too - but here's what's sucky about this area...

We get enough snow to result in lots of road salt being applied to the roads during the winter.

We often, however, do not get enough snow for riding the trails on snowmobiles. Last year was awful - I only put 110 miles on my sled for the season - and that was only because we towed halfway across NYS to ride. Some "ditch bangers" were out around here riding with 2-3" on the ground, but they must have a lot of money for tracks and skegs because it's easy to tear a track when the snow is skinny.

So that's what's sucky - we are wintery (it's snowing here right now) enough to prevent driving performance cars, but not wintery enough to get in a lot of snowmobiling - at least not usually.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
ZIEBART! You only live once fellas! Yeah, go ahead and pooh pooh all you want. I don't care, it's a car and I payed the money to drive it. I'll be enjoying every clear stretch of road I drive on this winter. After growing up on rear wheel drive cars, I'm not worrying about it snowbirds. :laugh:

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
I don't see how you guys can live in an area like that. I'd go stir crazy. Glad I can drive mine all year round.

It gets cold here in TN, but rarely snows.

5,134 Posts
I'd go stir crazy.
You'd go crazy if you insisted the only thing you can do in life is drive your car. Otherwise, you'd appreciate the 4 distinct seasons for what they have to offer.

Don't underestimate the fun factor of barreling down a steep hill with a toboggan. Or enjoying a cold one at the top of a snowy mountain on a nice sunny winter day. Or driving every street broadside during a snowstorm.

·
Banned
7,566 Posts
You'd go crazy if you insisted the only thing you can do in life is drive your car. Otherwise, you'd appreciate the 4 distinct seasons for what they have to offer.

Don't underestimate the fun factor of barreling down a steep hill with a toboggan. Or enjoying a cold one at the top of a snowy mountain on a nice sunny winter day. Or driving every street broadside during a snowstorm.
There are things in life outside of cars???!!!!

Haha seriously...the beer on the mountain would be cool, but I spent about a week in Madawaska Ontario a few years ago. I was never so tired of snow in my life and that's what I went up there for. Drove my Toyota 4x4 up there and stayed at a shut down bear lodge. Went up the day after Christmas and stayed through New Year.

Did some hiking in waist deep snow in the Algonquin Forrest. Had some adult bevvies sitting around the big screen, and ate some good food the owner's wife and Grand Daughter whipped up.

We get four seasons here as well.....just not feet of snow. The only downside is the humidity in the summer ...... and allergies.

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
104 days and counting.

I'm half-seriously considering looking to put in for a transfer to somewhere in the Carolinas - both my R/T and my boat would get a lot more use in South Carolina. I get a little envious reading about guys in the south still driving, and my R/T is hooked up to the Battery Tender in the garage and hasn't been driven in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Bcasey Try living in the GTA or Toronto..dec6 is going to be the 1st real snowfall here,you might as well take old tires and tie them around your car theirs always morons that drive like its the middle of july or Mr.Invincible in the SUV headn up north for a day of sking and cant wait to get to the hill..to get through winter yah have to become a big kid and embrace it for me snowboarding does the trick,no point bitching about it all the time its not going anywhere for 4 months

·
Registered
616 Posts
My car will be facing its second Ottawa winter. On snowstorm days I'll leave it at home and take the bus. Lucky for me I can wash it whenever I want in my condo's indoor garage.

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
March 20th, 2011 is the first day of Spring. Given that on December 1st with snow in the forecast, I'm pretty much done driving my R/T until spring, I need a countdown to keep my spirits up! :)

At any rate here we go - c'mon, Spring!

108 days and counting
Lol, that sucks for you guys who live where it snows and stuff. Here in Texas, I drive all-year-around. :browsmiley:

·
Premium Member
519 Posts
Texas sounds pretty good right about now. :) Here is a pic taken a few minute ago in front my my house. Our first real snowfall started at noon Sunday and hasnt let up since and is supposed to continue into at least tomorrow. Close to 4 feet of the fun stuff in some areas and in the city here they haven't been able to plow the side streets..can barely keep up with the main roads and they have a ton of winter equipment. Glad the Challenger has been sleeping in a nice heated garage since the beginning of November. March/April definitely can't get here soon enough!

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
102 days.

I will likely get a reprieve in January - A friend of mine from college has a year-round beach house near the South Carolina/North Carolina border. I will likely take a few days off in January for a drive down there - I don't care if I have to drive thru some snow to get there - the Challenger will wash off.

·
Registered
4 Posts
go west young man, out here in Fresno Ca we can drive 365 days of the year, minus a few rain days. if we want snow we have to drive to see it. I have traveled around thinking about living in other parts of the US but have come to realize how lucky to have mild winters, most you have to put on is a sweat shirt.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Stonecold you must be really stonecold today.we got the news back in the GTA that you guys are just getting nailed and Collingwood as usual being in the snowbelt
Its only dec and the people bitching already is more depressing than the weather itself..the last 2 winters weve gotten off lucky so were due, RT 4 ROB yah yah you california types are the lucky ones and were just plain stupid but not to worry we dont have major fires,mudslides,high crime rate,earthquakes,flashfloods illegals.better go pack my bags eh! hope I dont sound to snub about it. LOL LOL
Stone cold theres some happy campers at Blue Mountain today time to get the snowboard out

1 - 20 of 32 Posts