Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
A Go Mango T/A sounds awesome! Post pics when she arrives.

I was just checking out the Yellow Jacket thread, that's a sharp color too.
As for the T/A I think it looks best in Go Mango, then Go Green and Yellow Jacket 3rd.

Yellow cars remind me too much of the NYC yellow cabs I used to drive, haha.
Absolutely I can't wait!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
My Go Mango Cat. Met Mark Trostle, Head of SRT Design at Springfest 12 in SoCal and he autographed my car. Thanked me for buying it too...great guy.
Beautiful!

I love seeing another stripeless Challenger, especially a Cat.... a true 'sleeper'!

Besides the fender badges (and srt spoiler badge in your case), nobody knows what to expect until its WAY too late! haha

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
14,897 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,847 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
that stripe is the Blacktop package
Interesting.

On another note, are they offering a non-6.4 with a shaker now? I thought I saw one like that, so confusing.

It kinda saddens me that the regular r/t could be had to look just like the scat/srt392/hellcat.

If it wasn't for my minuscule fender badge you would think my car is a regular r/t.
I like the sleeper look, so I'm not really complaining.

My buddy thinks I should add the SPAG tail stripe or get a scat pack bee graphic.

·
Super Moderator
14,847 Posts
Interesting.

On another note, are they offering a non-6.4 with a shaker now? I thought I saw one like that, so confusing.

It kinda saddens me that the regular r/t could be had to look just like the scat/srt392/hellcat.

If it wasn't for my minuscule fender badge you would think my car is a regular r/t.
I like the sleeper look, so I'm not really complaining.

My buddy thinks I should add the SPAG tail stripe or get a scat pack bee graphic.
Yes, the R/T Shaker and R/T Shaker Plus (leather int, other items) looks similar, but the (std.) wheels are different and they have the Bosch 2-piston brakes and the Super Track Pack suspension (SP suspension is firmer). You can't get SP Appearance Group on 5.7s, but otherwise, they same shaker stripes or stripe delete are available.

The WRT (lightweight / forged) 20s are available on 5.7 Shakers, just to add to the confusion...

The other tell-tale is the Shaker scoop has "Shaker" badges and the smaller front spoiler that R/T models have.

Of course on the SP Shaker, you can spot the brakes as the first give-away, the 392 Hemi badges, and the larger front spoiler and for the interior they have 180mph speedo vs. the 5.7s 160mph setup.

note: the '14 Shakers were 5.7 only, when the '15s came out, then added the 392 / 6.4 to that package.

21 - 40 of 85 Posts