Dodge Challenger Forum banner

441 - 460 of 487 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
This is the wifes R/T Shaker. Came with the Shaker stripe but when I bought this car new for her for Christmas the sides looked too plain so I had to dealership installed the Vintage R/T stripe down the side along with adding the hood pins as well. My wife is very particular on how she wanted her car to look so since this was a Christmas gift and a surprise I had to make sure I got it right the first time around lol.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Right as rain! Perfect, couldn't do better myself.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Right as rain! Perfect, couldn't do better myself.
Yeah it came Factory with the Shaker stripe and I was going to try to apply the stripe myself on the side but since this was her Christmas gift and I had to keep a car secret till Christmas I had the dealership go ahead install it anyway because I was afraid I would probably screw it up. Lol! It definitely helps break up the purple a lot! Btw thank you very much! 😁

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Yeah it came Factory with the Shaker stripe and I was going to try to apply the stripe myself on the side but since this was her Christmas gift and I had to keep a car secret till Christmas I had the dealership go ahead install it anyway because I was afraid I would probably screw it up. Lol! It definitely helps break up the purple a lot! Btw thank you very much! 😁

You are welcome, I don't just give those away. You earned it.
Weird........I guess, my Wife was JUST saying that we should go with a side stripe to set off the side and lose the tail band.
NOT THAT I AGREE 100% But as you said it breaks up the side real nice. Congrats.

·
Registered
91 Posts
You are welcome, I don't just give those away. You earned it.
Weird........I guess, my Wife was JUST saying that we should go with a side stripe to set off the side and lose the tail band.
NOT THAT I AGREE 100% But as you said it breaks up the side real nice. Congrats.
Well I definitely appreciate your compliment and I truly mean that and no I do not think it's weird. My opinion you got to kind of break up some of the stuff and you just can't have it a solid color because to me that's just too plain and boring. This is my wife's car but my play toy is a 1982 DeLorean and instead of having all the stainless steel I added a rare dealer installed wide stripe down the side that help break up the stainless steel and my wife and my son applied it for me. Give the car a more sporty look

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Well I definitely appreciate your compliment and I truly mean that and no I do not think it's weird. My opinion you got to kind of break up some of the stuff and you just can't have it a solid color because to me that's just too plain and boring. This is my wife's car but my play toy is a 1982 DeLorean and instead of having all the stainless steel I added a rare dealer installed wide stripe down the side that help break up the stainless steel and my wife and my son applied it for me. Give the car a more sporty look

Yes, I hear it breaks up the side. She tells me too. Thinking about a type of strobe.......she is. , with no offense intended. I must speak honestly. I can see who has the better taste in cars in your family. Really, you can get out of the shaker and be perfectly happy in the under powered de lorean? Perhaps you modified it. Regargless.............. she definitely got the better end of the stick. hahaahaha. Good for her!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yes, I hear it breaks up the side. She tells me too. Thinking about a type of strobe.......she is. , with no offense intended. I must speak honestly. I can see who has the better taste in cars in your family. Really, you can get out of the shaker and be perfectly happy in the under powered de lorean? Perhaps you modified it. Regargless.............. she definitely got the better end of the stick. hahaahaha. Good for her!
Well i had fast cars before and the DeLorean is far from underpowered. High horsepower cars dont impress me at all. It all comes down to performance, handling and design that wins me over. For me, my DeLorean is enough. My wife loves her Challenger as much as my DeLorean. She love my car. She helped alot with the restoration. Besides, why would i want mega power in a car with no where to use it.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Well i had fast cars before and the DeLorean is far from underpowered. High horsepower cars dont impress me at all. It all comes down to performance, handling and design that wins me over. For me, my DeLorean is enough. My wife loves her Challenger as much as my DeLorean. She love my car. She helped alot with the restoration. Besides, why would i want mega power in a car with no where to use it.

Why? Ask her. Glad you love your car, didn't mean to crack on it I have no right. Only going by what I heard.
BTW, I find a place to use it every day. Pick your spots.....they are there. At least by my house, a few stretches.
Good luck.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Why? Ask her. Glad you love your car, didn't mean to crack on it I have no right. Only going by what I heard.
BTW, I find a place to use it every day. Pick your spots.....they are there. At least by my house, a few stretches.
Good luck.
Well alot of people say negative things about my car when they never experienced it first hand. Its quick and nimble for what it is. I'm used to people always picking on me because I drive that car but at the end of the day my car still will draw a lot more attention than most cars. I've always wanted one because I thought they had a unique history and they are just very good to look at and I can have just as much fun driving a 400 horsepower car like my wife's Challenger for my 160 horsepower DeLorean.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
Well alot of people say negative things about my car when they never experienced it first hand. Its quick and nimble for what it is. I'm used to people always picking on me because I drive that car but at the end of the day my car still will draw a lot more attention than most cars. I've always wanted one because I thought they had a unique history and they are just very good to look at and I can have just as much fun driving a 400 horsepower car like my wife's Challenger for my 160 horsepower DeLorean.

Really happy for you.

·
Premium Member
2,874 Posts
I just realized I never posted a pic of my new stripes. Did the install myself and quite happy with how it turned out.
I'm pretty happy too. Nice job!

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
I just realized I never posted a pic of my new stripes. Did the install myself and quite happy with how it turned out.
You did a great job!

As an amateur, I installed 2 of those full length stripes with the help of my brother holding the other end. The biggest pain I found was the wrap around you need to do between the door and front fender. There isn't much room to work there.

·
Registered
8,996 Posts
Seeing how PB broke previous links, here's my "TA" style stripes with the front "extension"

Attachments

·
Premium Member
371 Posts
You did a great job!

As an amateur, I installed 2 of those full length stripes with the help of my brother holding the other end. The biggest pain I found was the wrap around you need to do between the door and front fender. There isn't much room to work there.
These don't wrap around - they're just the perfect length for each body panel. I was really happy with how well they were cut.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
This is the wifes R/T Shaker. Came with the Shaker stripe but when I bought this car new for her for Christmas the sides looked too plain so I had to dealership installed the Vintage R/T stripe down the side along with adding the hood pins as well. My wife is very particular on how she wanted her car to look so since this was a Christmas gift and a surprise I had to make sure I got it right the first time around lol.
That looks great on that Shaker! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Seeing how PB broke previous links, here's my "TA" style stripes with the front "extension"
I'm not usually a fan of side stripes, but I like how those end and line up with the rear of the side windows. Looks good.

441 - 460 of 487 Posts
About this Discussion
486 Replies
197 Participants
PaVaSteeler
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing