Dodge Challenger Forum banner

461 - 480 of 514 Posts

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Since I like to change up my vinyl every 6 months or so and I have my own plotter and software I like to create new designs that are 1 of a kind. Here is my most recent.
Got tired of trying to make the vinyl stripes look good on the "new to me" 2011 GWE SRT8!
Laid down some bucks to do a quarter panel billboard, and convert the vinyl stripes to faded airbrushed stripes, added a few MOPAR logos and LOTS OF clearcoat over top!

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I would just google some images with Challenger's with either wrap...you might want to look into ease of care of the matte vs the satin black. I know with the T/A's with the blacked out hoods and roofs and the such, you have to take special care in the upkeep of those body panels.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Okay, I have a question for you all.

I have a Billet Silver Challenger. I want to color match my lower plastic with wrap.

Has anyone found wrap that matches Billet, or close?

I don't want the painted kind, as it is rediculously priced. It's basically wrap price plus what it would cost to have it painted..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
Okay, I have a question for you all.

I have a Billet Silver Challenger. I want to color match my lower plastic with wrap.

Has anyone found wrap that matches Billet, or close?

I don't want the painted kind, as it is rediculously priced. It's basically wrap price plus what it would cost to have it painted..

I am interested to see how wrap would hold up installed there. My rockers are getting gray with age and a wrap might be a better solution than paint.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I am interested to see how wrap would hold up installed there. My rockers are getting gray with age and a wrap might be a better solution than paint.

Here you go, just use your favorite drill and don't forget to mask off the paint.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I use Stoner Car Care Trim Shine and it keeps my trim looking like new. I use the wipes, but it comes in spray bottles and aerosol also. I get on Amazon, but I think it's available elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
I use Stoner Car Care Trim Shine and it keeps my trim looking like new. I use the wipes, but it comes in spray bottles and aerosol also. I get on Amazon, but I think it's available elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
523 Posts
Odd, the site said it failed to process my post and to try again, I did and it double posted. :(

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am pretty sure you'd have to prep it,and perhaps even put adhesion promotor being it's plastic. But it would hold up better than paint. And the reason I was going to wrap it, was so when it did look like crap, I didn't have to paint it again, just wrap it. Im not wanting to do it because my rockers are getting hit, I want the lower 5 inches of the car to match... The car is lowered, and the bottom 5 inches being black, makes it look like it's not thag low.

They sell actual color matched vinyl, but its painted, and they use it instead of the clear chip guard.

I just wondered if there is something close that anyone has found.

·
Registered
685 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I have full length hockey stick strips for my '19 Scat Pack. I haven't put them on yet. I'm waiting on a buddy with some experience as my last attempt at vinyl stripes didn't end well and I don't want to screw them up on my new baby. I think I'll read through this thread for tips. It seems to me that they are unforgiving. I think last time I tried it, it was way too hot, almost 90. I thought I'd have time to move them but they wouldn't move and I ended up ripping them. I used the wet method and I loaded everything up with the soapy water but still, wouldn't move even a little bit. I'm really paranoid about it now.

Defiantly don't want to screw these up.

461 - 480 of 514 Posts