Dodge Challenger Forum banner

461 - 480 of 487 Posts

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
Since I like to change up my vinyl every 6 months or so and I have my own plotter and software I like to create new designs that are 1 of a kind. Here is my most recent.
Got tired of trying to make the vinyl stripes look good on the "new to me" 2011 GWE SRT8!
Laid down some bucks to do a quarter panel billboard, and convert the vinyl stripes to faded airbrushed stripes, added a few MOPAR logos and LOTS OF clearcoat over top!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I would just google some images with Challenger's with either wrap...you might want to look into ease of care of the matte vs the satin black. I know with the T/A's with the blacked out hoods and roofs and the such, you have to take special care in the upkeep of those body panels.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Okay, I have a question for you all.

I have a Billet Silver Challenger. I want to color match my lower plastic with wrap.

Has anyone found wrap that matches Billet, or close?

I don't want the painted kind, as it is rediculously priced. It's basically wrap price plus what it would cost to have it painted..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Okay, I have a question for you all.

I have a Billet Silver Challenger. I want to color match my lower plastic with wrap.

Has anyone found wrap that matches Billet, or close?

I don't want the painted kind, as it is rediculously priced. It's basically wrap price plus what it would cost to have it painted..

I am interested to see how wrap would hold up installed there. My rockers are getting gray with age and a wrap might be a better solution than paint.

·
Registered
3,562 Posts
I am interested to see how wrap would hold up installed there. My rockers are getting gray with age and a wrap might be a better solution than paint.

Here you go, just use your favorite drill and don't forget to mask off the paint.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I use Stoner Car Care Trim Shine and it keeps my trim looking like new. I use the wipes, but it comes in spray bottles and aerosol also. I get on Amazon, but I think it's available elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
I use Stoner Car Care Trim Shine and it keeps my trim looking like new. I use the wipes, but it comes in spray bottles and aerosol also. I get on Amazon, but I think it's available elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
516 Posts
Odd, the site said it failed to process my post and to try again, I did and it double posted. :(

·
Registered
223 Posts
I am pretty sure you'd have to prep it,and perhaps even put adhesion promotor being it's plastic. But it would hold up better than paint. And the reason I was going to wrap it, was so when it did look like crap, I didn't have to paint it again, just wrap it. Im not wanting to do it because my rockers are getting hit, I want the lower 5 inches of the car to match... The car is lowered, and the bottom 5 inches being black, makes it look like it's not thag low.

They sell actual color matched vinyl, but its painted, and they use it instead of the clear chip guard.

I just wondered if there is something close that anyone has found.

·
Registered
682 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I have full length hockey stick strips for my '19 Scat Pack. I haven't put them on yet. I'm waiting on a buddy with some experience as my last attempt at vinyl stripes didn't end well and I don't want to screw them up on my new baby. I think I'll read through this thread for tips. It seems to me that they are unforgiving. I think last time I tried it, it was way too hot, almost 90. I thought I'd have time to move them but they wouldn't move and I ended up ripping them. I used the wet method and I loaded everything up with the soapy water but still, wouldn't move even a little bit. I'm really paranoid about it now.

Defiantly don't want to screw these up.

461 - 480 of 487 Posts
About this Discussion
486 Replies
197 Participants
PaVaSteeler
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing