Dodge Challenger Forum banner

481 - 487 of 487 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,035 Posts
I have full length hockey stick strips for my '19 Scat Pack. I haven't put them on yet. I'm waiting on a buddy with some experience as my last attempt at vinyl stripes didn't end well and I don't want to screw them up on my new baby. I think I'll read through this thread for tips. It seems to me that they are unforgiving. I think last time I tried it, it was way too hot, almost 90. I thought I'd have time to move them but they wouldn't move and I ended up ripping them. I used the wet method and I loaded everything up with the soapy water but still, wouldn't move even a little bit. I'm really paranoid about it now.
View attachment 977558
Defiantly don't want to screw these up.
Take a deep breath, you will be fine. The soapy method is best with Dawn dish washing detergent. I don't know why. I actually tried installing stripes when it was too cold. Those suckers were on there for most of the day before I could pull the covers off them. So I think your first experience was probably worse than mine. You want to have time to wiggle them into place, or even pull off the last few inches of stripes you just put down, because you can see you are going off-track with alignment.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Take a deep breath, you will be fine. The soapy method is best with Dawn dish washing detergent. I don't know why. I actually tried installing stripes when it was too cold. Those suckers were on there for most of the day before I could pull the covers off them. So I think your first experience was probably worse than mine. You want to have time to wiggle them into place, or even pull off the last few inches of stripes you just put down, because you can see you are going off-track with alignment.
I used Dawn, but just a few drops in a spray bottle 'cause that's what I was told. Maybe that wasn't enough? If I could've moved them I think I'd have been alright. I've also heard a hair dryer or heat gun on low helps with air bubbles.

·
Registered
415 Posts
New 1320 decal package from Mr Norm's.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
OK, let's mix it up a bit. That is probably the only Challenger that gets a pass for having the shipping protectors still on.

·
Super Moderator
13,329 Posts
I stayed with the faux carbon fiber hood decal that was available on the 2008 and 2009 SRTs. They give it an old school, yet modern appearance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
OK, let's mix it up a bit. That is probably the only Challenger that gets a pass for having the shipping protectors still on.
I agree!!!...the yellow protectors add to the look they wanted to achieve for this Mr Norms addition.
Plus I bought that car last month!! Had to leave them on, they said I should keep them for the look.

481 - 487 of 487 Posts
About this Discussion
486 Replies
197 Participants
PaVaSteeler
Dodge Challenger Forum
Challenger Talk, the online forum for discussions, reviews of Dodge Challenger, and all things SRT, Hellcat, and Demon.
Full Forum Listing