Dodge Challenger Forum banner

481 - 500 of 520 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,426 Posts
I have full length hockey stick strips for my '19 Scat Pack. I haven't put them on yet. I'm waiting on a buddy with some experience as my last attempt at vinyl stripes didn't end well and I don't want to screw them up on my new baby. I think I'll read through this thread for tips. It seems to me that they are unforgiving. I think last time I tried it, it was way too hot, almost 90. I thought I'd have time to move them but they wouldn't move and I ended up ripping them. I used the wet method and I loaded everything up with the soapy water but still, wouldn't move even a little bit. I'm really paranoid about it now.
View attachment 977558
Defiantly don't want to screw these up.
Take a deep breath, you will be fine. The soapy method is best with Dawn dish washing detergent. I don't know why. I actually tried installing stripes when it was too cold. Those suckers were on there for most of the day before I could pull the covers off them. So I think your first experience was probably worse than mine. You want to have time to wiggle them into place, or even pull off the last few inches of stripes you just put down, because you can see you are going off-track with alignment.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Take a deep breath, you will be fine. The soapy method is best with Dawn dish washing detergent. I don't know why. I actually tried installing stripes when it was too cold. Those suckers were on there for most of the day before I could pull the covers off them. So I think your first experience was probably worse than mine. You want to have time to wiggle them into place, or even pull off the last few inches of stripes you just put down, because you can see you are going off-track with alignment.
I used Dawn, but just a few drops in a spray bottle 'cause that's what I was told. Maybe that wasn't enough? If I could've moved them I think I'd have been alright. I've also heard a hair dryer or heat gun on low helps with air bubbles.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,959 Posts
New 1320 decal package from Mr Norm's.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
OK, let's mix it up a bit. That is probably the only Challenger that gets a pass for having the shipping protectors still on.

·
Super Moderator
14,032 Posts
I stayed with the faux carbon fiber hood decal that was available on the 2008 and 2009 SRTs. They give it an old school, yet modern appearance.

·
Registered
16 Posts
OK, let's mix it up a bit. That is probably the only Challenger that gets a pass for having the shipping protectors still on.
I agree!!!...the yellow protectors add to the look they wanted to achieve for this Mr Norms addition.
Plus I bought that car last month!! Had to leave them on, they said I should keep them for the look.

·
Registered
2019 Challenger 1320
2,234 Posts

Reactions: 19johned53

·
Registered
68 Posts
Well, I did it. I love the way they turned out, always loved the 70's style hockey stick stripes. I like the way the mat black matches all the rest of the black. Follows the body line really nice and cuts across the one in the middle right over the 392. It's actually kind of subtle until it gets too the call outs. This is probably all I will do besides the new 2020 scatpack badge that is on the spoilers. I really like that and as soon as I find them for sale I'm getting one. But for now, I just love the look of these, really accentuates the body line over the rear tire. The place that I bought them from has a ton of options. I was considering the angry bee where the 392 is but I like this just fine.

·
Registered
2018 Scat Pack SHAKER in Plum Crazy
1,959 Posts
Well, I did it. I love the way they turned out, always loved the 70's style hockey stick stripes. I like the way the mat black matches all the rest of the black. Follows the body line really nice and cuts across the one in the middle right over the 392. It's actually kind of subtle until it gets too the call outs. This is probably all I will do besides the new 2020 scatpack badge that is on the spoilers. I really like that and as soon as I find them for sale I'm getting one. But for now, I just love the look of these, really accentuates the body line over the rear tire. The place that I bought them from has a ton of options. I was considering the angry bee where the 392 is but I like this just fine.
That looks extremely nice.

Reactions: Melvin

·
Registered
175 Posts
Well, I did it. I love the way they turned out, always loved the 70's style hockey stick stripes. I like the way the mat black matches all the rest of the black. Follows the body line really nice and cuts across the one in the middle right over the 392. It's actually kind of subtle until it gets too the call outs. This is probably all I will do besides the new 2020 scatpack badge that is on the spoilers. I really like that and as soon as I find them for sale I'm getting one. But for now, I just love the look of these, really accentuates the body line over the rear tire. The place that I bought them from has a ton of options. I was considering the angry bee where the 392 is but I like this
Those look great! Where did you get them from if you don’t mind sharing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
18,602 Posts
Luxe is doing custom work again BTW...if you had some ideas...

A Guy

·
Registered
68 Posts
Those look great! Where did you get them from if you don’t mind sharing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks! I haven't seen any like them except for something similar on the site where I purchased them.
They're Vinyl Imagination. When I was looking, they actually called me when I sent them a SMS message. I made a crude drawing of what I wanted because I had seen a design that was similar to what I had in mind. The next day, it was on their site. They have a ton of options, and if they don't have what you want they'll work with you to design it.

·
Registered
2019 AWD SXT +
432 Posts
Stripes.jpg

Sunroof.jpg

Spoiler.jpg

·
Registered
2019 AWD SXT +
432 Posts
Your ride really looks GOOD.
Thank you kindly. I love doing little things to it and the list keeps growing. Wife keeps asking if I'm done yet but we all know the answer to that :LOL:

·
Registered
963 Posts
I did custom racing stripes on mine out of 3M 2080 wrap. Came out pretty good outside a few small errors and small issues i had with knifeless tape

481 - 500 of 520 Posts