Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm always interested in how many different ways our Challengers were configured......Whether bought off the lot, or special ordered. I'll go first.....Special order

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,039 Posts
and I got mine for $7100 off the sticker. Not bad! And I bought mine off the lot, over the phone, had it shipped from LA to Portland. Bought it sight unseen. Only 1 option I didn't get that I wanted, and that was Anti-Spin. Oh well! Glen E. Thomas Dodge really treated me well, too.
View attachment getWindowSticker.get.pdf chally.jpg still.2.JPG

2 pictures added, they day she rolled off the trailer, to a cool picture I took a few weeks ago......:armed:

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! My dealer didn't even know you could order the anti spin rear separately until I told them when we ordered the car. For what I paid ($89.00, dealer invoice) it was a steal!

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Nice! I still can't believe they upcharge for the auto considering what a TR6060 costs, but obviously each auto costs them a pretty penny, even after they built their own factory for it.

My window sticker is laminated and up on the wall of my garage :)

·
Registered
304 Posts
and I got mine for $7100 off the sticker. Not bad! And I bought mine off the lot, over the phone, had it shipped from LA to Portland. Bought it sight unseen. Only 1 option I didn't get that I wanted, and that was Anti-Spin. Oh well! Glen E. Thomas Dodge really treated me well, too.
View attachment 146985
Sounds like you got a great deal. We need pictures to go with the window stickers.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi Fastfreight ... Attached is my window sticker for the twin.
-Shawn

Wow Shawn, they are closer to twins than I thought.....except.......

1. Every car I ever had with a sunroof broke. The last one, a '98 Neon R/T had it's sunroof replaced twice by Chrysler under warranty

2. I thought the car would be a little quicker with smaller wheels and tires.......and it is

Let's see some more stickers!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Don't have a picture of the window sticker but the MRSP was at 36k got my R/T Redline for 28,300 I got a steal!
Brand New 2014 R/T Redline White was waiting for years for a great deal :)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Here is mine. 2014 RT Plus with automatic.

Attachments

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, prices have really climbed in just 2 years......Examples:

Anti Spin rear axle Was $100, now $275

Sunroof Was $695, now $995

20" Chrome clads Were $995, now $1295

Kinda glad I got mine when I did, essentially the same car as the '14's

C'mon, more stickers!

·
Registered
304 Posts
Wow, prices have really climbed in just 2 years......Examples:

Anti Spin rear axle Was $100, now $275

Sunroof Was $695, now $995

20" Chrome clads Were $995, now $1295
Yes, but what really matters is the price out the door. I wonder if these increased prices just give the dealer more bargaining room and let the buyer feel good when they negotiate down from there.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Wow Shawn, they are closer to twins than I thought.....except.......

1. Every car I ever had with a sunroof broke. The last one, a '98 Neon R/T had it's sunroof replaced twice by Chrysler under warranty

2. I thought the car would be a little quicker with smaller wheels and tires.......and it is

Let's see some more stickers!

Yeah, I was (am) worried about the sunroof. My family had an old 1970-something Plymouth Fury with a sunroof, and it leaked terribly. I drove it in college, and when I accelerated or braked after a rainy day, it would just come down on me.

I bought this car off the lot, it wasn't special ordered, and there were only two things I would have changed 1) the sunroof and 2) the automatic transmission.

However, perhaps it is karma at work, as I needed my wife to agree that we could afford a new car and in her view, a sunroof equates to luxury. While she can drive a stick just fine, she prefers an automatic. She does drive it occasionally, so having those two items in helped convince my wife.

Plus, this was past the time window for ordering HO Challengers, so I could not have ordered one in that color, and I really do love the color. I would have had to wait a year to get one special ordered and perhaps missed the window of opportunity.

Overall, I'm very happy with the car and do not regret it. I hope to retire in 5 more years and want to spend some time with my wife touring our great country, and she'll enjoy the sunroof then, and perhaps I'll enjoy the automatic then as well.

-Shawn

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I hear ya, Shawn...... Everyone asks me, "Why didn't you get the 6 speed?" Been there, done that, when I was a kid with Mustangs, Road Runners, etc. Now my knees are worn out and I think the automatic shifts faster anyway...

I also have only 7 years to go before I can retire with full pension from the railroad and my wife and I are buying an ocean front property in Ocean City, MD. Then I can devote all my time to the R/T, until it passes to my son...

I'm glad you found a Header Orange on the lot, my dealer never ordered one except mine in all of 2012 and they sell 400 Dodges a month, easy.....

Joe

·
Registered
110 Posts
My 2013 R/T Classic Just Turned 1 Year Old Jan 23rd 2014. She has 3750 Miles on Her Today. I Ordered This One.

I get true EP (Employee Pricing) plus all rebates so my pricing is a little different than most.

I paid approx $30500.00 Out of Pocket for her after the Dealer Installed the Mopar Performance Cat-Back on her.

Today She has the Hurst Billet Plus Short Throw 6 speed manual, Diablo Trinity Tune, Mopar Labeled & Painted Calipers, and the Borla Built Exhaust. She still smells brand new.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Yeah, I was (am) worried about the sunroof. My family had an old 1970-something Plymouth Fury with a sunroof, and it leaked terribly. I drove it in college, and when I accelerated or braked after a rainy day, it would just come down on me.

I bought this car off the lot, it wasn't special ordered, and there were only two things I would have changed 1) the sunroof and 2) the automatic transmission.

However, perhaps it is karma at work, as I needed my wife to agree that we could afford a new car and in her view, a sunroof equates to luxury. While she can drive a stick just fine, she prefers an automatic. She does drive it occasionally, so having those two items in helped convince my wife.

Plus, this was past the time window for ordering HO Challengers, so I could not have ordered one in that color, and I really do love the color. I would have had to wait a year to get one special ordered and perhaps missed the window of opportunity.

Overall, I'm very happy with the car and do not regret it. I hope to retire in 5 more years and want to spend some time with my wife touring our great country, and she'll enjoy the sunroof then, and perhaps I'll enjoy the automatic then as well.

-Shawn
I'm pretty sure the 40 years newer design has been improved upon. To make you feel better, the sunroof in our '07 Dodge minivan still works perfect!

Reactions: sdawson
1 - 17 of 17 Posts