Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks!

Just wanted to ask around about who went with what package on their GT's, if some of the options you got really stand out to you, or if some of them aren't living up to the hype/cost.

For example the stereo package vs having a spare tire.

Also I saw some of the Alcantra style centered seats and you can see other colors in the vent holes that feel like they should not be visible.

Just trying to see if anyone has things like this that are sticking out to them, and if the are overly impressed by other options?

-Mike

·
Super Moderator
16,216 Posts
With the perforated / vented seats - you may be seeing the yellow-ish foam that's the foundation of the seat cushion. Since the seats are vented, there's likely a mesh like layer to allow airflow.

I've noticed this sheen that you can see through the perforations - which is the foam or mesh layer.

·
Registered
194 Posts
All I wanted was a sunroof and remote start. Had to get package 21b. I do like the blind spot and cross path detection, though. Kinda wish I would have gotten the premium audio since I'm going to spend at least $2K getting something decent installed aftermarket.

Attachments

·
Registered
77 Posts
The only thing I wish I got was the remote start, but did not realize it was in a package till it was to late. But after having the car a couple months and a garage to keep it in I don't miss it as much as I thought I would.

I have the red inserts and like the colors that show up in the ventilated part.

All in All I love this Challenger being able to drive it year round.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far I'm looking into the moon roof option as well as remote start and heated steering wheel.

Looks like a dealer in upstate NY has an 18 on the lot with all the specs I'm looking for plus it even has the leather alcantara seats I've been looking for.

One last thing I saw on the dodge website when building one from the options list was a wireless phone charger. Does anyone have this or any reviews out there about it?

·
Registered
35 Posts
you can have the dealer add remote start. I added to mine because I didn't want the full package it came with. the only downside is the uconnect phone app will not activate the remote start

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
This is what the phone charger looks like but don't know anything about it or how well it works.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
Package 24Y

Scat pack Shaker black and sepa premium leather heated/vented seat
elect steering adj heated steering wheel power seat no sun roof (last one I had leaked)
HD stereo premium speakers nav/gps.:grin2:

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
you can have the dealer add remote start. I added to mine because I didn't want the full package it came with. the only downside is the uconnect phone app will not activate the remote start

Yeah this is BS, I see no reason to subscribe to uConnect if their too stupid to turn this on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
432 Posts
I purchased my 2017 GT 1 year ago today. I put over 40K miles on it so far with 8K miles of trouble free snowy/icey conditions. Seen many 4x4/AWD slide off the road in front & behind me where I felt fine. My 4x4 SUV only got 2K miles last year and used to be my winter survival vehicle.

Only issue with my GT is the Uconnect randomly rebooting/freezing up on me. I have video of it now & taking the car back in Wed so will see what happens.

Here's my window sticker.

2017 Challenger GT Window Sticker

·
Premium Member
2,620 Posts
I purchased my 2017 GT 1 year ago today. I put over 40K miles on it so far with 8K miles of trouble free snowy/icey conditions. Seen many 4x4/AWD slide off the road in front & behind me where I felt fine. My 4x4 SUV only got 2K miles last year and used to be my winter survival vehicle.

Only issue with my GT is the Uconnect randomly rebooting/freezing up on me. I have video of it now & taking the car back in Wed so will see what happens.

Here's my window sticker.

2017 Challenger GT Window Sticker
Wow, you got all the bells and whistles on your car too. I'm happy you are happy. How do you like that Octane red? It is amazing in the sun, isn't it?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Drivers convenience group and power sunroof were a must I also have the Uconnect 8.4 which wasn’t a dealerbreaker but most GTs came with these 3 options when I was shopping

·
Registered
174 Posts
I don’t normally talk about my package with strangers :).

But here it goes.....
Moonroof, Driver Convenience and Technology Group and GT Interior packages.

Only feature I don’t really care for is the auto cruise control. Way too much traffic up here near Boston to use it safely imo. Everything else I love

Panic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
I ordered my 2016 R/T 392 Hemi Shaker 6spd with every thing but a sunroof and engine block heater. I don't care for sunroofs and the car is stored winters so no block heater needed. I ordered my 2017 GT the same way with two differences it being my DD/winter driver I added the engine block heater and swapped the Harman Kardon system for a spare tire because I wanted the ability to change a flat tire rather than rely on calling and waiting on a rollback transporter to come get me if I couldn't plug and inflate a flat tire. I am happy with both cars a little over 5,000 miles on the R/T and about 14,500 miles on the GT the remote start really comes in hand starting and warming up the GT just before getting off work at midnight in the winter.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for the info folks! All good details in here. I'm thinking the same thing with the active cruise and braking not being necessary in my commute but the sunroof and remote start would be big perks.

For a total MSRP on a new GT optioned out I'm getting around 40k sticker price. I've heard back from a few dealers with numbers around 35-36K after rebates. Anyone wanna share with me what offers they think are reasonable or have offered/gotten?

·
Registered
432 Posts
Thanks for the info folks! All good details in here. I'm thinking the same thing with the active cruise and braking not being necessary in my commute but the sunroof and remote start would be big perks.

For a total MSRP on a new GT optioned out I'm getting around 40k sticker price. I've heard back from a few dealers with numbers around 35-36K after rebates. Anyone wanna share with me what offers they think are reasonable or have offered/gotten?
My MSRP was just over $40k and I got $8K off when I bought my GT a year ago.

·
Registered
352 Posts
New 2017 GT in Go Mango with Technology group - Driver's convenience group - GT interior - 8.4 with NAV

Stickered at 39k and I paid 32k

1 - 19 of 19 Posts