Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

just found this here:
Fidanza Introduces New Aluminum Flywheel For HEMI Chrysler’s - StreetLegalTV.com

As I understand it this is a lightweight flywheel for the 09-10 6speeds which really sounds good.

But as far as I understand I won't need this Fidanza flywheel when upgrading to a rock solid clutch from e.g. RAM clutches, right?
Motorator Blog - Performance Clutch Upgrade for your Dodge Challenger

What I'm really looking for is a rock solid but very lightweight new flywheel and clutch kit.

If you have any recommendations or experiences. Let me know!

Thx!

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
I have the SPEC clutch (900 tq rating) on both of my Challengers. This clutch assembly is very smooth and will take a beating. If price is an issue, get the RAM clutch. Both of these clutch assemblies come with a flywheel.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh....and does anybody have an installation manual or many pictures of the clutch install?
Will I need any special tools? As you know....I'm doing all on my own. Had enough bad experiences with all those professional grease monkey mechanics out there.

·
Administrator
17,155 Posts
oh....and does anybody have an installation manual or many pictures of the clutch install?
Will I need any special tools? As you know....I'm doing all on my own. Had enough bad experiences with all those professional grease monkey mechanics out there.
The only issue we had with the installation of the SPEC clutch is that an extra long pilot tool is required. We were able to extend the handle on our pilot tool with some assistance from a machine shop. You should be able to purchase the required pilot tool from Summit Racing.

·
Premium Member
1,987 Posts
I am also going with the Spec clutch. When I talked to guys at CF last year, the ones with the Spec gave glowing reviews to it and the ones with the Ram's were not quite so happy.

I can't speak for the install, as mine will be going on with the motor swap. I can try to have SHR take some snaps during the install.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
you need to a torx set to disconnect it and reconnect it. i think it's a t15 i'd have to double check though.

·
Administrator
2009 Challenger R/T
8,919 Posts
Correct you will get everything from RAM it's great stuff I love mine.
I have have abused the heck out of mine and so far no issues other than snapping half shafts,the clutch has a very heavy positive feel to it you know it's going to grab as I went with full race version. I like the feel of a heavy clutch compared to the wimpy feel of the stock unit.

I'll know very soon as I am in the process of upgrading to the 1000 drive shaft by DSS so it will be interesting to see how the combination works with the 1400hp half shafts.

Well they finally got it done I sent them my original flywheel over a year ago so they could get into the market and get dimensions they are a local company here in Ohio and make some very nice units.

Hi guys,

just found this here:
Fidanza Introduces New Aluminum Flywheel For HEMI Chrysler’s - StreetLegalTV.com

As I understand it this is a lightweight flywheel for the 09-10 6speeds which really sounds good.

But as far as I understand I won't need this Fidanza flywheel when upgrading to a rock solid clutch from e.g. RAM clutches, right?
Motorator Blog - Performance Clutch Upgrade for your Dodge Challenger

What I'm really looking for is a rock solid but very lightweight new flywheel and clutch kit.

If you have any recommendations or experiences. Let me know!

Thx!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts