1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

it's like Christmas today ;-)
My new seats arrived. Recaro Pole Position. They're used but like new and
come out of a Porsche GT3 which had an engine fire.....

As soon as the wetter gets better outside I'll install them. The correct universal brakets are on their way so it should be a more or less easy swap.

The Porsche Logo is just a sticker and yes - I'll remove them. Perhaps I'm gonna repaint the back in black to keep it clean.

One of these like you can see them on the pictures is 15.4lbs
So it should bring me a good weight reduction and help to keep my butt in place.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I'm liking what I see. Planning on changing from stock seat belts to a harness?

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
You'll enjoy the heck out of them on track day. Not so much for a 200 mile road trip.

Top quality product though.

Enjoy and let us know how it works out after the install!

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm liking what I see. Planning on changing from stock seat belts to a harness?
initially not as the harness will require to drill some holes into the floor.
I'm not a big fan of that.

But they seats don't do the job without the harness I'll add it later.

It's really a shame that the Challenger is on the market for over 3 years now and there's still no company out there offering a smooth and easy set upgrade kit which is plug and play and doesn't require me to try&error everything together.

·
Registered
733 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Help.....

Does anybody know if there's an airbag fake module available for our Challenger/300C/Magnum/LX cars?

The big issue is. When you remove the stock seats you don't only loose the side airbags but all others will stop working as the airbag light comes up.

I know many "airbag fake" modules which are connected to the stock wiring for Audi, BMW, ... which are used when the stock seats are replaced with aftermarket seats to address this issue and keep all other airbags working.

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm looking to replace my seats and wondering how you faired with yours.

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Any more Information on this? Id love to have some race seats in my challenger, but those air bags man... Kind of need those if its my daily driver... Find anything Lukester?

I know this is a old thread, but still...

Shifty

·
Registered
4,802 Posts
I think Luke sold this car. All I see on YouTube are m3 videos now...

·
Premium Member
1,809 Posts
Damn... Anyone know about that fake module for the challenger? Does he have a Youtube account someone could link me to i can message him on?

Shifty

·
Registered
4,802 Posts

His SN is right here

1 - 11 of 11 Posts