Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I drive a lot....100miles a day. For the most part i drive it like a stole it. What tires are the preferred choice to replace the eagle F1's. I am leaning towards the nitto 555 extreme g2. And thought and feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I've been through two sets of Pirelli's (All Season and Summer) so far and am now on Continental Extreme Contact Sport Plus. I do a couple of track days a year and these are the best I've tried so far. Way better than the Pirelli's could hope to be.

·
Super Moderator
13,870 Posts
Are you looking for a high performance summer tire or an all weather tire?

If you want an all-weather tire, the Continental Extreme Contact DWS 06 is excellent. Another less expensive all weather option is the new Cooper RS3- G1.

·
Premium Member
2016 Scat Pack
945 Posts
I've been through two sets of Pirelli's (All Season and Summer) so far and am now on Continental Extreme Contact Sport Plus. I do a couple of track days a year and these are the best I've tried so far. Way better than the Pirelli's could hope to be.
Agreed with MiHi about the Contentinal brand. I have Contentinal ExtremeContact DWS06 in 275/40/20 and am happily satisfied with what they offer especially its gripping ability.

PS
MiHi, where did you go tracking here in Colorado??

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you guys having any fitment issues with 275's on all 4 corners. I live in so call not to much weather to worry about. But i do most of my driving at night so temp may touch low 50's and the occasional rain but thats it.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Are you guys having any fitment issues with 275's on all 4 corners. I live in so call not to much weather to worry about. But i do most of my driving at night so temp may touch low 50's and the occasional rain but thats it.

I run 275 on all 4 corners of my Scat Pack with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
13,870 Posts
I run 275 on all 4 corners of my Scat Pack with no problems.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Did Dodge make any modifications to fit a 275/40-20 tire on the newer Challengers? Back in 2009, the SRT engineers recommended no wider than a 245/45-20 tire on the front.

·
Premium Member
66 Posts
Im considering 275's for the rear only for that old school look. Anyone else have this and can give some pros or cons?

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
15,396 Posts
Did Dodge make any modifications to fit a 275/40-20 tire on the newer Challengers? Back in 2009, the SRT engineers recommended no wider than a 245/45-20 tire on the front.
Probably see what the wheel offset for '08-'10 SRT wheels are vs. offsets for:

>Scat Pack wheels (WR2 or WRT)

>SRT wheels '15+

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
I ran my Continentals (285/35 all around) at the track on a 40 degree day and was really concerned about the grip. They still knocked my socks off with the handling :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts