Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My last trip to the track resulted in a 1.758 60'. Which I think is amazing seeing as I don't have major mods or a gear change. :bigthumb:

So I've been tosing the idea of buying a higher stall tc but not sure which one I should go with. I'd like it to still be streetable, but I want some nice launches at the track as well. Would a 3k stall suit me well? And would it be enough to dip me into maybe high 1.6s? Also, what brands do you guys recommend?

I'm also curious on the drawbacks of having a higher stall, how much will I notice it while just driving around and cruising? Or will I even notice it at all?

As some of you know, I'm pretty young and I'm just trying to get all the knowledge I can.

Thanks!
-Chris

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Dodgetony ran a 3000 and said that wasn't enough. You won't notice much difference with a 2800.

Novawagonmaster runs at least 3500 rpm converter.

·
Registered
50 Posts
You would be fine with a 2800 to 300 stall converter. I would either go with Protorque or FTI. I have a FTI converter and it drives great. When I installed mine, the driveability was actually better than the stock one.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks!
So y'all think a 2800-3000 stall will give me enough to hit some 1.6s?

HemiWoman-I know tony was able to hit a few high 1.6s and he had taller tires than me, why didn't he think it was enough?

·
Registered
2010 SRT8
1,832 Posts
Thanks!
So y'all think a 2800-3000 stall will give me enough to hit some 1.6s?

HemiWoman-I know tony was able to hit a few high 1.6s and he had taller tires than me, why didn't he think it was enough?
I don't remember for sure. I know he talked about getting a higher stall speed and I tried to get him to sell me his 3000, but he sold the car.

Shoot him a PM.

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you hemiwoman, I'll shoot him a PM.

If there is anyone else with some info or input post away!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Converter

Chris,

Mine is a ProTorque 3200 billit stator, I think it would be fine the way your car runs. You really cannot tell the differance while regular driving. You are more than welcome to stop by and drive my ride to check it out. Just give me a ring....

·
Registered
2009 Challenger R/T
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Chris,

Mine is a ProTorque 3200 billit stator, I think it would be fine the way your car runs. You really cannot tell the differance while regular driving. You are more than welcome to stop by and drive my ride to check it out. Just give me a ring....
Jason, if you can't tell the difference while cruising, then that one seems to be my best bet. Might have to take you up on that offer as well :pimp: lol

How long did it take Eddie to install yours? Might as well get blue tops while in there too, and check up on my tune

Thanks again!

·
Registered
289 Posts
Jason, if you can't tell the difference while cruising, then that one seems to be my best bet. Might have to take you up on that offer as well :pimp: lol

How long did it take Eddie to install yours? Might as well get blue tops while in there too, and check up on my tune

Thanks again!
No problem....stop by anytime
Im sure if you schedule it he can have it done in a few hours, but I had my car down there for almost a month because I was in the field working and could not make it there any sooner. Blue tops........Just get the SHR trans while you are there and save yourself another trip in a few months..... just kidding, the blue tops should give you what you need and complement the converter well.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts