Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Not sure if this is really a "Mod" but I think it made a huge difference. Florida has a lot of specialty plates, manatees, dolphins, turtles, colleges, sports, etc.

I looked for a black plate because I thought it would look nice on my black car. I got the thought from RacerX (I think) on Youtube. I think it's a huge difference- much more than I thought it would be.

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Car
Car Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Automotive tail & brake light Hood

·
Registered
28 Posts
It certainly “pops” more than the standard plate.

What kind of rear diffuser do you have installed in those pics?

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It certainly “pops” more than the standard plate.

What kind of rear diffuser do you have installed in those pics?
MP concepts. Just what I wanted looks wise. Not sure I am crazy about it being held on by double side tape only, but time will tell.

·
Registered
2015 Challenger R/T Plus 8 Speed
8,497 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
gorilla glue
I dont have a heat gun anymore, but I used a small butane torch, and heated the diffuser pretty good when I put the tape on it, I don't thing that side will be a problem. I cleand the valance well and the cleaned it a few times with alcohol (white cloth stayed white.) I tried heating the valance but couldn't do it with that little torch for such a large area, without fear of going too hot. The directions don't even mention heat, just clean and then tape, so we will see. It is a lot of tape, just about the full contact surface.

I do like the looks. Like it came with the car.

·
Registered
19 Challenger R/T Destroyer Gray
170 Posts
Yes, looks good. CA has 60-70's vintage black plates again, yellow digits...I ordered them for mine. It's $50 for new plates, and $40 a year to keep them, but worth it.
Luxe Auto has the marker lamp and reflector pre-cut tints, and they make a big difference too. Check 'em out: Vehicle Specific Kits

Not my car, but will post up when the plates come in. They're saying a couple of months due to the pandemic. I did do the rear lamp seperator debadge and overlay though, mine is satin and looks really good. No more scratches or finger prints from closing the deck.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, looks good. CA has 60-70's vintage black plates again, yellow digits...I ordered them for mine. It's $50 for new plates, and $40 a year to keep them, but worth it.
Luxe Auto has the marker lamp and reflector pre-cut tints, and they make a big difference too. Check 'em out: Vehicle Specific Kits

Not my car, but will post up when the plates come in. They're saying a couple of months due to the pandemic. I did do the rear lamp seperator debadge and overlay though, mine is satin and looks really good. No more scratches or finger prints from closing the deck.

That vintage plate was what he had on the Utube.

Mine is a "support law enforcement" with some of the proceeds going to the widows and orphans fund (not really the name of it) maybe get me out with a warning if on the fence./

I am debating on the markers, not sure how far I want to black it out. So many done, trying not to be just another, If I do it I think I will pop them out and paint them. I'm not good with stickers, never get them straight.

I like the stripe on that car. I am thinking of striping in matte black be very subtle.

·
Registered
2018 Challenger 392 Shaker B5 Blue
539 Posts
Wow these look good. I may have to get me one as well. I too live in Florida and the regular plates here are meh

Reactions: steved13

·
Registered
2019 SXT Blacktop in Triple Nickel
455 Posts

How long ago did you order? I ordered back in July and still don't have mine

·
Registered
19 Challenger R/T Destroyer Gray
170 Posts
Ouch! I ordered a couple weeks ago, along with tags for my other car. The tabs came, but the plates they said 10-12 weeks.
I bet your plates got lost in the mail. I've had tags lost before, they finally replaced them - had to go to dmv with proof of payment. Giant PITA.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wow these look good. I may have to get me one as well. I too live in Florida and the regular plates here are meh
I thought I would have to wait but they had the plate at the tax office. The black version of this plate is brand new, still shows as white online and un thier catalog. Just make sure it's the new one before the start the new plate process.

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
26,719 Posts
When I got mine in 2016 it was an 11 week wait

A Guy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts