Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my 2012 manual RT in for an oil change. Since it's almost at 36,000 miles, I asked them to inspect it for any possible warranty items also. I also mentioned that the engine has knocked since day 1 (under full throttle at relatively low revs), and added that I always put 93 octane gas in (since they don't sell 91 around here).

Service manager calls me a while later to tell me that the mechanic said that while he couldn't recreate knocking, it would be caused by putting 93 in, instead of 87 or 89. Sigh..

Not only does putting in higher octane gas than recommended never cause knocking, but the Owner's Manual for the manual RT actually states specifically to use 91 or higher. Does not exactly inspire confidence in the service department!

·
Premium Member
4,364 Posts
He doesn't have a clue about what fuel is recommended for these cars...

Mine knocks and I use 89 and 91 every other fill up. A lot of folks will tell you the Hemis have this noise...

·
Premium Member
9,200 Posts
Took my 2012 manual RT in for an oil change. Since it's almost at 36,000 miles, I asked them to inspect it for any possible warranty items also. I also mentioned that the engine has knocked since day 1 (under full throttle at relatively low revs), and added that I always put 93 octane gas in (since they don't sell 91 around here).

Service manager calls me a while later to tell me that the mechanic said that while he couldn't recreate knocking, it would be caused by putting 93 in, instead of 87 or 89. Sigh..

Not only does putting in higher octane gas than recommended never cause knocking, but the Owner's Manual for the manual RT actually states specifically to use 91 or higher. Does not exactly inspire confidence in the service department!

I'd ask him to put that in writing and sign his name to it.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
I would do what Yellow Jacket said and then call Chrysler customer service, and submit the document. That r-tard doesn't know snakes from dildos about cars. He needs to go work the parts counter where his stupidity won't hurt someone.

·
Premium Member
9,200 Posts
I would do what Yellow Jacket said and then call Chrysler customer service, and submit the document. That r-tard doesn't know snakes from dildos about cars. He needs to go work the parts counter where his stupidity won't hurt someone.
The sad part is he can and has denied warranty claims and hurt people with his stupidity. He has a lot of power and combined with being intellectually limited can do great harm. He rivals local building inspectors who make up their own rules and can't cite a specific code violation but claim you're not adhering to safe building practices.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
Then report him to Chrysler and get rid of him.

·
Registered
4,799 Posts
this guy should have been a hand job.....

·
Registered
1,398 Posts
I dont want to bash the good mechanics out there but each service department I have been to with my last 3 dodge vehicles have been r-tards.

On my 12 Ram with the 5.7, when doing the loop to get on the highway it would stutter and stumble until I either slowly gained speed or stepped on it to downshift and come flying out of the turn.

Took it to the shop and the first response I got was that it was the MDS and its supposed to do that. Knowing this was BS I returned and said that I turned the MDS off with the manual shift mode and they told me that it was impossible to turn off. That even in manual shift mode MDS is still active. When I pointed it out to him that it says in the book that it will not activate, he then tried to blame it on my "free flowing exhaust" which was just a magnaflow muffler. By this time I was furious so I bought and installed the trinity and turned MDS off to make 100% sure and of course it still happened, even tried two well known custom tuners to try to fix but nothing. I even called Chrysler and they said that the mechanics have the last word and thats where it ended...

Two months later I traded it in for my Challenger

This was Huffines in Lewisville, TX /endrant

1 - 11 of 11 Posts