Dodge Challenger Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All of my car ownership life (37 years) I have used nothing except paste wax, you know the stuff wax on wax off and off some more, stay off the black plastic, try to get the left over out of all the cracks and seams, yeah that hsit!! So today I venture down to my neighborhood auto store to get another can and am amazed at all the car care products. I spent about 30 minutes reading lables and decided to try some of the spray on wax, Turtle Wax Ice. All I got to say is WOW this is just almost too easy took about half an hour and you do everything, paint, plastic, rubber, glass. I had some minor swirl marks that it claimed it would remove or fill, yep their gone. If you have never used it and are on the fence about it just do it you'll be happy. It was a little under 10 bucks and I used about half of the bottle, I think I will put it on a little heavier next time I'll just have to see how long it lasts. My life got so much easier.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Agreed, I love it. From my experience, it doesn't shine quite as well as Maguire's, but like you said, you can use it on all surfaces and makes the black plastic trim have the wet look. I found it makes the car easier to wash. And if you get the paste, its very easy to use and gives a better finish, especially if you finish it off with the spray.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Agreed, I love it. From my experience, it doesn't shine quite as well as Maguire's, but like you said, you can use it on all surfaces and makes the black plastic trim have the wet look. I found it makes the car easier to wash. And if you get the paste, its very easy to use and gives a better finish, especially if you finish it off with the spray.
I might try the Maguries next time I just got the Turtle because that's what I've always used. Like I said it turned out great but next time I might put it on a little heavier, also the micro towel I was using to apply it with was really damp when I got done so I hit my door jams really deep and all my door seals and window rubbers. What about the Detail spray, it says to use between waxing does it help or is it just a gimmick, I'm not to sure about rubbing anything on my car unless its totally clean and or wet

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
Ditto on all the above. I've been using it for a while now simply because it's so quick and easy. After I wash the vehicle it takes just about 20 minutes to spray a section at a time and very quickly buff off with a micro fiber. I'm sure it doesn't last as long as the more labor intensive methods but due to how fast and easy it is, it's a quick detailer too so applying often is no problem at all.

·
Registered
573 Posts
All of my car ownership life (37 years) I have used nothing except paste wax, you know the stuff wax on wax off and off some more, stay off the black plastic, try to get the left over out of all the cracks and seams, yeah that hsit!! So today I venture down to my neighborhood auto store to get another can and am amazed at all the car care products. I spent about 30 minutes reading lables and decided to try some of the spray on wax, Turtle Wax Ice. All I got to say is WOW this is just almost too easy took about half an hour and you do everything, paint, plastic, rubber, glass. I had some minor swirl marks that it claimed it would remove or fill, yep their gone. If you have never used it and are on the fence about it just do it you'll be happy. It was a little under 10 bucks and I used about half of the bottle, I think I will put it on a little heavier next time I'll just have to see how long it lasts. My life got so much easier.
What about the poor turtles that gave up their lives just so you can have an easy time waxing your car ? :p. LOL

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Ill donate to the tree huggers at christmas
That reminded me I wanted to come up with a Challenger bumper sticker or window decal one day, going down the highway and was surrounded by a herd of tiny gas sippers (not bashing them), one having a go green type sticker on the back window. Mine would say something along the lines of "Hemi, the Green Muscle Car". I mean, I CAN get 23ish MPG if I make myself stay out of it, so....

·
Premium Member
3,446 Posts
That reminded me I wanted to come up with a Challenger bumper sticker or window decal one day, going down the highway and was surrounded by a herd of tiny gas sippers (not bashing them), one having a go green type sticker on the back window. Mine would say something along the lines of "Hemi, the Green Muscle Car". I mean, I CAN get 23ish MPG if I make myself stay out of it, so....
Not only is the Hemi an incredible gas sipper per cubic inch but we're not using low paid labor to make batteries that become a waste hazzard or use that dastardly coal to create electricity for the covered golf carts out on the road.

·
Registered
519 Posts
welcome to the other side :)

been using Turtle Wax Express forever, I haven't tried ICE yet - i use one towel to wipe down the spray and a second to buff in the shine - i use it on glass, trim and headlamps too - super fast results

·
Super Moderator
15,168 Posts
I might try the Maguries next time I just got the Turtle because that's what I've always used. Like I said it turned out great but next time I might put it on a little heavier, also the micro towel I was using to apply it with was really damp when I got done so I hit my door jams really deep and all my door seals and window rubbers. What about the Detail spray, it says to use between waxing does it help or is it just a gimmick, I'm not to sure about rubbing anything on my car unless its totally clean and or wet
I use Meguires Ultimate Wax and could not be happier with the deep gloss shine. I also use Meguires Ultimate Detail spray every week. It brings out even more shine and makes the car's surface as smooth as glass. Here is a photo of the finish on my 2009 SRT.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
YEAH !!! I've been using Turtle Wax Ice for a few years now. I love it! Easy on ..easy off just like you discovered, no white residue on decals or trim, you can actually USE it on your trim, and you left out the best part....(drum roll).....it can be applied in direct sunlight. Whats not to like?

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,811 Posts
What about the poor turtles that gave up their lives just so you can have an easy time waxing your car ? :p. LOL

My level of guilt when using it surely depends on the ratios of turtles involved. I mean, if we're talking something like 80% snapping turtle, I'm fine...I hate those little bas-turds!

In an ideal world, it would be 100% Ninja Turtle, but I couldn't get so lucky in this lifetime as to have those annoying things go extinct.

·
Premium Member
The Bacon Hauler (‘12 Cop Charger)
8,811 Posts
The TW ICE spray wax is also a good product to use if you have just waxed your car with a liquid/paste wax and applied too much of it. Just spritz a little of this spray wax on the body panel first before doing your buffing routine. The excess dried wax clings to the spray wax droplets, making the buffing process much easier.

·
Premium Member
1,806 Posts
I use Meguires Ultimate Wax and their Ultimate Quick Wax spray to get a nice gloss and smooth surface. I've not used a Clay bar on the car yet. Meguires quick detail spray is also very good. ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1399988887.437784.jpg

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
573 Posts
I use Driven Marine wax . It gives a great shine and will last for months through many washes . I will touch it up as necessary with a good detail spray wax
I also use it on my windshield , it works better then rain x to bead water off and will last for months. I also use it on my all my boats. Great stuff. 1399989505591.jpg

1 - 20 of 22 Posts