Dodge Challenger Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks a little different than the Challenger. Can I replace this existing bolt when installing the Pad And just install it there? Afraid to use the slotted one due to losing the receiver inside the frame. This is the left front. Eant to remove the existing bolt in foto and install the hockey puck there.
Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire Wheel

·
Registered
2021 Go Mango 1320
25 Posts
That should be the one. I installed mine, albeit on a challenger in the same location. The give away should be the slight clearance in the rocker panel as to the location of installation. If you are not confident still I would reference youtube since there is a video for about everything on there.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I wonder if the dimensions would cause any clearance issues. So for the rear I assume I remove the nuts and bolts and replace the OEM plastic hockey puck with their stronger version maybe use the new nuts and bolts or should I reuse the old hardware? And the front there should be a hole where I could screw in the lift pad pro without drilling any holes right for a 2017 Challenger?

These are the dimensions:
Front pad is ~1.150 inches tall and ~2.250 inches in diameter.
Rear pad is ~1.950 inches tall and ~2.250 inches in diameter.

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
I wonder if the dimensions would cause any clearance issues. So for the rear I assume I remove the nuts and bolts and replace the OEM plastic hockey puck with their stronger version maybe use the new nuts and bolts or should I reuse the old hardware? And the front there should be a hole where I could screw in the lift pad pro without drilling any holes right for a 2017 Challenger?

These are the dimensions:
Front pad is ~1.150 inches tall and ~2.250 inches in diameter.
Rear pad is ~1.950 inches tall and ~2.250 inches in diameter.
I think you're supposed to reuse the OEM hardware for the rear puck, and the new hardware is only for the front pucks.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I think you're supposed to reuse the OEM hardware for the rear puck, and the new hardware is only for the front pucks.
My mechanic suggested sticking to the ZL1 add ons up front and just replacing the rear ones. You think that’s good or just get all 4 so it’s away from the rocker sill or to give it more possible jack points?

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
My mechanic suggested sticking to the ZL1 add ons up front and just replacing the rear ones. You think that’s good or just get all 4 so it’s away from the rocker sill or to give it more possible jack points?
I don't know. I'm still debating myself. I have a ZL1 add-ons knockoff up front on mine, been working great. I'm tempted to replace the rears with these, and get a pair of their temporary ones for up front and leave my pinch-weld adapters on as they are. Having two points up front makes it handy when you need to get it up onto stands. For the rear, to get it on stands I've resorted to lifting on my DIRS brace and putting the stands under the lift pucks.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Get LPPs set of four. Leaves you with with two options up front.

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
506 Posts
I would avoid the pinch welds to jack, if you are not careful they can bend easy. I have the full set of 4 Lift Pad Pros and they work great. My only issue it while changing the rear ones the threads on both sides stripped out with very little torque and getting around to putting a nut on the back has proved very challenging and annoying.

·
Premium Member
10,688 Posts
I would avoid the pinch welds to jack, if you are not careful they can bend easy. I have the full set of 4 Lift Pad Pros and they work great. My only issue it while changing the rear ones the threads on both sides stripped out with very little torque and getting around to putting a nut on the back has proved very challenging and annoying.
There are specific places on the pinch weld to lift each corner. If you use those locations you’ll have no issue. Now if you make it up as you go along, oh well…

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
There are specific places on the pinch weld to lift each corner. If you use those locations you’ll have no issue. Now if you make it up as you go along, oh well…
I'm considering getting all 4 of the Lift pad pro. I'm worried about stripping the threads that was mentioned. I may have my mechanic carefully do it. Not sure how that happens, is the threads of the male nuts stripped or the female receiving end? The female side will be bad since it's hard to repair.

Also I'm confused still where it's appropriate to lift. Are these pinch weld parts okay?

Road surface Bumper Asphalt Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive parking light

Also is it okay and safe where the 4 lift pad pros will go for lift up the car? Which is the same spot as the rear hockey puck which will be replaced with two new stronger ones? and two new spots added to the front where there is already a hole you can screw the 2 new lift pad pros onto referenced below in the video?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Stripping? The front pads went in like butter. I didn’t even lift car. Just reached under. 9 minutes done.

Reactions: Dennis H

·
Premium Member
10,688 Posts
I'm considering getting all 4 of the Lift pad pro. I'm worried about stripping the threads that was mentioned. I may have my mechanic carefully do it. Not sure how that happens, is the threads of the male nuts stripped or the female receiving end? The female side will be bad since it's hard to repair.

Also I'm confused still where it's appropriate to lift. Are these pinch weld parts okay?

View attachment 1040939

View attachment 1040938

Also is it okay and safe where the 4 lift pad pros will go for lift up the car? Which is the same spot as the rear hockey puck which will be replaced with two new stronger ones? and two new spots added to the front where there is already a hole you can screw the 2 new lift pad pros onto referenced below in the video?

There is a notch in the four corners and it you look from underneath the pinch weld it’s thicker right there so you don’t collapse the area.

Reactions: SRT8outtaLA

·
Registered
Plum 2019 SXT AWD
506 Posts
I'm considering getting all 4 of the Lift pad pro. I'm worried about stripping the threads that was mentioned. I may have my mechanic carefully do it. Not sure how that happens, is the threads of the male nuts stripped or the female receiving end? The female side will be bad since it's hard to repair
There is no nut on the rear pads. They bolt directly into the unibody frame. Unfortunately the frame there is very thin and quality control at a factory that knows they are closing down is, yeah.

As for pinch welds, they are safe. It is my understanding they are for emergency jacking, so one wheel at a time to limit stress on the body. While my incompetence cannot find the procedure to jack a Challenger in the manual, here is hoisting it...

Automotive lighting Wheel Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

It tells you to use the puck points, so I use them.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
There is no nut on the rear pads. They bolt directly into the unibody frame. Unfortunately the frame there is very thin and quality control at a factory that knows they are closing down is, yeah.

As for pinch welds, they are safe. It is my understanding they are for emergency jacking, so one wheel at a time to limit stress on the body. While my incompetence cannot find the procedure to jack a Challenger in the manual, here is hoisting it...

View attachment 1040960

It tells you to use the puck points, so I use them.
So my understanding is for the rear lift point you could either jack it up on the notch on the pinch weld maybe with something flat like a wooden piece or the hockey puck. In this case I'd replace the hockey puck with the lift pad pro.

And for the front I could lift it on the notch which I currently have the ZL1 add on part added to it referenced below
Tank Combat vehicle Self-propelled artillery Wood Office supplies

Or I could lift it up here by attaching the Lift Pad Pro in the front?

Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior Rim Bumper

So in conclusion, for the front I could lift it up safely and prevent damage on the pinch weld pad attachment or where it's pictured above with the front lift pad pro screwed into the hole.

For the rear I could also lift on the pinch weld notch but it's unprotected since there isn't a pad attachment so I'd need to use a wooden block referenced above. Or I could lift it on the OEM hockey puck / chair leg looking part. Or I could also replace that part with the Lift Pad Pro. I just wanted to confirm before I buy all 4 that it is the right placement and it's safe and it won't damage the car

·
Premium Member
10,688 Posts
So my understanding is for the rear lift point you could either jack it up on the notch on the pinch weld maybe with something flat like a wooden piece or the hockey puck. In this case I'd replace the hockey puck with the lift pad pro.

And for the front I could lift it on the notch which I currently have the ZL1 add on part added to it referenced below
View attachment 1040971
Or I could lift it up here by attaching the Lift Pad Pro in the front?
I put the hockey clubs puck on the jack
View attachment 1040972

So in conclusion, for the front I could lift it up safely and prevent damage on the pinch weld pad attachment or where it's pictured above with the front lift pad pro screwed into the hole.

For the rear I could also lift on the pinch weld notch but it's unprotected since there isn't a pad attachment so I'd need to use a wooden block referenced above. Or I could lift it on the OEM hockey puck / chair leg looking part. Or I could also replace that part with the Lift Pad Pro. I just wanted to confirm before I buy all 4 that it is the right placement and it's safe and it won't damage the car
I put the hockey puck on the jack, I have two jacks on the side and jack up the whole side and no stress to the unibody and all is well. It’s easy to operate them both at once. I have 2-1.5 ton jacks and 2 3 ton jacks for my trucks. If you can store them you can never have too many tools.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts