Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2015 Dodge Challenger Scat pack I replaced the stock bulbs with OPT7 FluxBeam LED Fog Light Kit 3500 lumen bulbs. These are very big with the Fan motor in the back.

FluxBeam LED Fog Light Kit - OPT7

They work great and I do NOT want to change these, I want to continue using these bulbs.

My question is, who has, in the way of "lighted bezels", "Angel eyes", Halos, or whatever it may be called I can install and continue using my OPT7 FluxBeam LED bulbs (as seen in the above link) ?

Thanks, AJ

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
I have a 2015 Dodge Challenger Scat pack I replaced the stock bulbs with OPT7 FluxBeam LED Fog Light Kit 3500 lumen bulbs. These are very big with the Fan motor in the back.

FluxBeam LED Fog Light Kit - OPT7

They work great and I do NOT want to change these, I want to continue using these bulbs.

My question is, who has, in the way of "lighted bezels", "Angel eyes", Halos, or whatever it may be called I can install and continue using my OPT7 FluxBeam LED bulbs (as seen in the above link) ?

Thanks, AJ
You said they work great. Checked out the link you provided. These appear to be pretty impressive. Are they wide angle or narrow beam? With 3500 lumens combined, how are they with oncoming traffic? Also wanted to ask, why you chose this particular brand? How did they compare with the competition? Difficult to install?

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You said they work great. Checked out the link you provided. These appear to be pretty impressive. Are they wide angle or narrow beam? With 7000 lumens combined, how are they with oncoming traffic? Also wanted to ask, why you chose this particular brand? How did they compare with the competition? Difficult to install?

Darn I was hoping your reply was going to answer MY question (where to get challenger Fog lite halo rings)!! But, while I wait for my answer I can help you out. In my notes, I have detailed install instructions, tools you will need, and bulbs info. Let me find this in my notes and I will post.

(If I dont find my notes,
1) youtube search install scat pack fog lights,
2) go on line to Harbor Freight buy rivet gun, and TWO types of rivets, reusable and non reusable, (dealer will charge $6 EACH for rivets, on line you can whole box for $10 ish, rivet gun is under $20)
3) before anything, use a cell phone, and take off just enough to get the phone up in there an..I did a slow motion video of, all up in there..I ended up doing it by memory and "feel" as opposed to taking off more rivets and the plastic coverings. Remember, more you take all that on/off...more its going to be more loose...if you drive like me? a 100MPH wind can REALLY rip those coverings off if you do not do a good job reinstalling
4) like everything else, the first times a B***CH, the first side you do...may take an hour...after that, the other side took 5 minutes.

Meanwhile, the fog lite housing, is projector type so wide or narrow will be "sprayed" according to that. From the shaping of the OPT7, you can see...it standalone is wide angle, but the housing puts out the light more..."medium" ...not narrow, or wide. To me these fogs are more cosmetic than useful anyway. Frankly, having had at least 5-6 different bulb configurations up in there? I'd not fool with the big fancy $100+ bulbs. I had a $30 pair in that were at LEAST 80% as good as the OPT7, if not 99%. Depending on if you want blue or white? (keep in mind, most states, ANY color shining forward other than white or yellow is illegal. Ive never had issue, but Imagine the additional cost, if you had a beer, turned on your fancy new blue LED fogs,...and? got pulled over..this is whole other topic, so I'll end this here)

Save your self the the $$ look at the below two links. Also, if your favorite bulb, only comes in white?....use deep candy apple blue (or whatever "your" color is you want)...spray paint the outside of the fog lite lens, works great.

JDM ASTAR 1200 Lumens Extremely Bright 144-EX Chipsets H11 H8 LED Bulbs with Projector for DRL or Fog Lights, Ultra Blue

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00O8Y96ZE/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

LUYED 2 X 1700 Lumens Extremely Bright 4014 102-EX Chipsets H11 H8 LED Bulbs Used For DRL or Fog Lights,Xenon White(Brightest LED in market)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01H58MPB6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/lighted-fog-light-bezel-2015-dodge-challenger-scat-pack-599146-new/

·
Premium Member
9,369 Posts
Oracle makes kits with rings that stick on to the light lens so you don't have to remove or open what you have now.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oracle makes kits with rings that stick on to the light lens so you don't have to remove or open what you have now.
For one, Oracle are expensive..that's not a show stopper, whats getting me is, on their site....I can not find fog lite halos. I know they have them, cause they show pics. I see them included in a kit for headlites etc. My scat comes with, a white halo...so I only need Blue Fog lite halos....I only see it in a kit.
The kits get expensive. I have an email in, to see if they have just FOGS. Another issue could be, even if they sold me just fog halos, its likely on a multi wire system, that, without their components, (ie color changing remote), I would not be able to wire.

Below are pics that do not do it justice at all

http://www.aanning.com/challenger_rtsp/LED_Lighting/CarFront2.jpg

http://www.aanning.com/challenger_rtsp/LED_Lighting/IMG_2879.JPG

http://www.aanning.com/challenger_rtsp/LED_Lighting/FOG/IMG_2569.JPG

http://www.aanning.com/challenger_rtsp/LED_Lighting/FOG/IMG_2570.JPG

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You said they work great. Checked out the link you provided. These appear to be pretty impressive. Are they wide angle or narrow beam? With 7000 lumens combined, how are they with oncoming traffic? Also wanted to ask, why you chose this particular brand? How did they compare with the competition? Difficult to install?

Ok, I did find my install notes. They were originally written 2+ years ago...and I've learned a LOT since then. This is defanatly worth reading,
I list out in detail, what tools I needed and where I ordered them. Keep in mind, these also entail custom installing Blue LED, 1200 lumen H11 type,
in the Hellcat air tubes (both sides), In the Hood scoops on the hood, and removable LED in the engine bay (ie car shows only), AND the lower fog lites.

It sounds expensive and complex...its not, the road to "get to here" was though. With these notes, you can skip over all my mistakes and fast forward to my "ah HA" moments. for $150 and 3 hours, you will have a lighting display that will.....have you writing out instructions like these. What I did is also flexible. Meaning, you may look at my set up and say "Whoa, I only want half that"...then? only do half, and save the time and money. (or you MAY want more...I doubt it though!) . I'll post a link before 9pm tonite ..most likely within the hour,

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, below is what I got for parts list, tools etc. Yes, its a lot of rambling, and needs a technical writer to redo it (HA! I develop software for living..."I" should have been the one to write this up perfect...but, I did not!)

If for nothing else, you'll have a parts list, where to get the parts,...and the same for tools needed. As I said, its confusing, and rambling, but you should be able to easily bridge any Gaps. (ie I left out, that I used telephone wire, like builders use when running it in walls in a new home. I had a good reason
to do so...but, forget why now. Its not a heavy load, I've left 8 of these 1200 lumen running for 1.5 days, without starting the car...no issues.

http://www.aanning.com/challenger_rtsp/hoodlites/notes_lites_install_ver2.txt

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,045 Posts
You can get Just Fogs several places. A Guy

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can get Just Fogs several places. A Guy
Damn it, Not sure HOW I missed this ? Shamefully I'm a WEB applications developer, Noway that should have slipped me. But, I have been up all nite, and I focused a boat load on getting that info for those OPT7 etc. ...it was fun.

Whats odd is, If I click on the "Just fogs" above...it brings me to :

https://www.speedlogixstore.com/product-p/1236.htm

In the email alerting me you posted here, it does not have "Just Fogs", but only the below link:

https://www.nfcperformance.com/2015-2016-dodge-challenger-waterproof-led-projector-fog-light-halo-rings-by-oracle-lighting

Not sure why this is happening?

-------------------------------------back to the halos..........
I assume on both sites, they come in a pair? I see they are 4 wire. This could be an issue. On 2 wire configurations, its red n black 12 volt, +-.
with these 4 wire configurations, they usually go through a controller and step down to 5 volts. '
It is possible, to find the combination of wires, in the 4 wire, which would produce blue, and they do make an inline 12 to 5 volt converter.
I'll have to contact the manufacturer to get the specs on it. (Unless one of you already know the wiring and or voltages ??)

I was hoping to find just a plain old 2 wire system....I may be expecting too much!

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,045 Posts
I edited my post when I realized that Speedlogix had them (and simpler than the "add kit" business on the other site), and is a forum vendor.

A Guy ;)

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I edited my post when I realized that Speedlogix had them (and simpler than the "add kit" business on the other site), and is a forum vendor.

and is a forum vendor....and is 20% more $$...ha! now that I've narrowed it, I'm goin gto look for cheaper. There was a guy, in Houston, I want to say,
(Im in Dallas), who was about, $65.....this was 12-15 months ago, back when I was not so trigger happy on getting them.

I wish I could see some in person, with the 3500 lumen fogs down there now, the halo may not pop out. However, I'd be putting them on a different circuit to run during the day, with my hood/air tube lites. I only run the fogs at nite.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Damn it, Not sure HOW I missed this ? Shamefully I'm a WEB applications developer, Noway that should have slipped me. But, I have been up all nite, and I focused a boat load on getting that info for those OPT7 etc. ...it was fun.

Whats odd is, If I click on the "Just fogs" above...it brings me to :

In the email alerting me you posted here, it does not have "Just Fogs", but only the below link:

https://www.nfcperformance.com/2015-2016-dodge-challenger-waterproof-led-projector-fog-light-halo-rings-by-oracle-lighting

Not sure why this is happening?

-------------------------------------back to the halos..........
I assume on both sites, they come in a pair? I see they are 4 wire. This could be an issue. On 2 wire configurations, its red n black 12 volt, +-.
with these 4 wire configurations, they usually go through a controller and step down to 5 volts. '
It is possible, to find the combination of wires, in the 4 wire, which would produce blue, and they do make an inline 12 to 5 volt converter.
I'll have to contact the manufacturer to get the specs on it. (Unless one of you already know the wiring and or voltages ??)

I was hoping to find just a plain old 2 wire system....I may be expecting too much!
You can check diode Dynamics website. They have a pretty good selection of lights. You might find what you're specifically looking for there. I got my halos from them and I love them. Are you looking for colored fog lights, or rings to go around the fog lights that are colored?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You can check diode Dynamics website. They have a pretty good selection of lights. You might find what you're specifically looking for there. I got my halos from them and I love them. Are you looking for colored fog lights, or rings to go around the fog lights that are colored?

HA! u didn't goto those links I put in the post? I'm ALL blue LED UP, 8 total, 6 are 1200 lumens two are 3500 lemon, these are my fog lights, where I want the rings), ,the other 6 are in the hood scoops the hellcat air tubes and engine bay all are blue,,deep blue not just xenon blue tint, so to answer your question, I want the rings to go around the outside of tg those are the correct diameter would be perfect, being my fog lights do not run during the day, these rings would be on at that point

·
Registered
173 Posts
HA! u didn't goto those links I put in the post? I'm ALL blue LED UP, 8 total, 6 are 1200 lumens two are 3500 lemon, these are my fog lights, where I want the rings), ,the other 6 are in the hood scoops the hellcat air tubes and engine bay all are blue,,deep blue not just xenon blue tint, so to answer your question, I want the rings to go around the outside of tg those are the correct diameter would be perfect, being my fog lights do not run during the day, these rings would be on at that point
No I saw of the links. I didn't know if that was your car or if that was just your ideal car of what you want yours to look like. I wish I could help with finding one's for the fog lights but I haven't seen any before. I've seen plenty that stick on the Halos on the headlight outside like oracles. And I've seen plenty of fog lights that are different colors, but I haven't seen any that are a halo around the fog lights like what you're looking for. I've actually never thought of doing just a halo around it before though, seems like a pretty good idea instead of paying a $80-100 for each bulb like I've seen. If you ever find exactly the Halos that you're looking for be sure to comment back on here, now that you've got me thinking about it I'm super interested in trying to find some like that too.

You ever Drive with all the lights on? If so where do you live? I'm just asking because I drove with mine blue one time and I got pulled over and threatened with a ticket because it's an emergency signal color.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You ever Drive with all the lights on? If so where do you live? I'm just asking because I drove with mine blue one time and I got pulled over and threatened with a ticket because it's an emergency signal color.
DMan606, Please go back to the beginning of this post, and read it all, We discussed everything you asked. I even provided a link to my installation notes, that has all the tools, and installation hard ware you would need, ...the easiest and cheapest way to do it all.

You said you are super interested...you hit the jack pot of information here I think...just go through this entire post, the external links, the pictures.....
I have details on how I have lit up my hood scoops and hell cat air tubes, and engine bay.

User A guy (thank you) pointed me to two sites that do have the exact halo rings for the Fog lites.

------------------as for the Halo rings ok, so user A Guy gave us these two: Speed logix and nfc.....about $110 to $120------

I sent out over 15 emails to various vendors ....CARID replied back with their $228 solution!
(I'm not seeing any difference between CARID and the above 2.....

Item # 81882271 Oracle Lighting® - Color Halo Kit for Fog Lights
https://www.carid.com/2015-dodge-challenger-led-lights/oracle-lighting-fog-lights-halo-kit-81882271.html

--So after reading CARID's email, and looking over what appears to be the same as the other 2 vendors
but cost TWICE as much, I have emailed CARID (see link below contains the back and forth)...First with a
list of 7 questions I feel they left out tons of information. As with most places I've ever dealt with,
even though I list out my questions in format, and Ask they address each n all...I bet they half bake a
vague response...we will see. Once they answer my 7, I'm going to send them the other two vendor
links ad ask WHY does CARID cost twice as much?

http://www.aanning.com/challenger_rtsp/LED_Lighting/FOG/CARID.txt

·
Registered
173 Posts
I read it all before responding, I was only ever referring to the Halo lights you want to put around your fog lights, not all the other lights on your car. I was saying I'm interested in the halo lights for around the fog light, like you originally asked about. I see diode Dynamics has ones you like that might work and for cheap. If you end up getting those let us know how that goes. Like I said, after reading your post I'm just as interested in the small halo lights for around the fog lights so hopefully these will work perfectly.

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I read it all before responding, I was only ever referring to the Halo lights you want to put around your fog lights, not all the other lights on your car. I was saying I'm interested in the halo lights for around the fog light, like you originally asked about. I see diode Dynamics has ones you like that might work and for cheap. If you end up getting those let us know how that goes. Like I said, after reading your post I'm just as interested in the small halo lights for around the fog lights so hopefully these will work perfectly.

Oh Hell, then you were way flooded with too much info!! LOL Thats ok, now you know I put some major effort into these Halo. Above and beyond the other two costing over 2 times as much, I don't think they would fit. I assume your fogs are like mine (Except my lens are painted blue, that OPT7 only comes in white, so had to get the blue this way). If they are like mine then this applies:

http://www.aanning.com/challenger_rtsp/LED_Lighting/FOG/foglite1_S.JPG

The diode dynamics are the only ones that fit this bill. I'm guessing all these halo are made to stick on flat lens? With the lens being convex, this may cause another issue in mounting. Without seeing it all, at this point I'm thinking small amount of Goo, a clear silicon from Lowes may have to be used.
An alternative I was thinking was go bigger and mount to the Outer edge of the black bezel..however this is not round, it is oval 4 by 4.5 inches.
If they make oval, or depending on how flexible the ring is, "shape" a 4.25 diameter to oval.

I will keep this updated.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Quite a bit more information than intended but, I have always looked at doing all of this to my car so when I eventually do it, I have damn good and detailed instructions for it all. And the problem I was seeing with the fog light halos was what you said about them being rounded not flat, and they're also kind of in there at a weird angle to the actual bumper

·
Registered
2015 SRT392 A8 in white pearl coat
1,352 Posts
Concerning the OPT7 FluxBeam LED Fog Light Kit (3500 lumen) bulbs you installed, have you had any issues with oncoming traffic flashing their brights at you because of the brightness of these bulbs? Reason I ask is that the OPT7 bulbs are advertised as having 3500 lumens. I have a set of Clearwater Krista driving lights on my motorcycle that have 3600 lumens each. They are narrow beam, and must be dimmed when oncoming traffic approaches as they are seriously bright.
Anyway, I know that when I turn on my factory SRT foglights, I can barely see any difference on the road ahead when driving at night. I'd like them to produce a little more light. It would be great if you had a couple pictures of how well they illuminate the road ahead...

Gary

1 - 20 of 21 Posts