Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Don't drive alot at night but have noticed when hitting the brakes the headlights dim a little, not a big issue but noticeable. I first thought maybe something had went south after having sequential turn signals installed. Anyone else having this issue? Car is a 2010 R/T Classic auto, tons of mods but nothing I can think of except the turn signals that might be connected some way. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
This was a common issue with the 2010's. I had a 2010 RT and it did it as well. No fix as I recall but they must have changed something because the 2012 I had and the 2013 I now have do not do that anymore.

·
Registered
2,463 Posts
Its normal when you add 4 more brake lights with sequentials, I have BRs hard wired kit and mine did dimmed every time (then quickly recovered /adjusted) untill I upgraded all 8 bulbs to switchback LEDS, with 3 Ohm 50Watt resistors each side it has gone back to stock, I ran wih regular bulbs 3.25 years without a burned out bulb.

·
Registered
619 Posts
My 2010 does it all the time. But I like it, believe it or not because my 1968 Charger did the same thing so I feel that's Chryslers little way of helping create the nostalgia effect even more on the retro cars.

·
Registered
272 Posts
I bet it would go away if you were to add additional grounds. My headlights dim sometimes with the turn signals on....:SM130:

·
Premium Member
1,094 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm with you dino. Not a big deal, just wondered if other owners had seen this. I'm sure the problem could be corrected but then you never know when the fix might cause something else to go bonkers. Think I will tell anyone whoever notices that it's the lastest safety measure out, let's oncoming traffic know when you hit your brakes!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts