Dodge Challenger Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Once again, these flares have caught my attention....

With a new gen 2 that uses mostly magnets, i was curious is anyone running these flares on a NON Hellcat/ SRT?

My RT has skinnier spindles and i would like soen feedback of any R/T or V6 owner to know what the maximum tire size they achieved was inluding wheel/spacer specs if possible

My end goal is to run the 295/45R18’s i have in the rear, in the front. Currently have a 1/8” spacer, dont know if 1/4” would be enough to clear.

Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
276 Posts
I dont know anybody using them but they look much better imo than the widebody flares. Too bubbley imo.
For $895 though id think they should come painted in your choice of color. kinda pricey.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I dont know anybody using them but they look much better imo than the widebody flares. Too bubbley imo.
For $895 though id think they should come painted in your choice of color. kinda pricey.
I actually found the price to be fair. At least for the gen 2 that only mounts up with magnets, polyurethane should hold up very well also.

I can have them all painted for sub $200, so to add some width without having to cut anything or drill, and being 100% reversable, i think it’s reasonable

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,010 Posts
The manufacturer was a vendor here for a short time. They were $1200 then, and he didn't care for all the negative posts about the price

Even at 1/2 the current price, I'd rather be able to have my splash guards, which wouldn't fit with these

A Guy

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
I have the original V1 flares. Instead of magnets I have some 3m tape on the top.
They are pricey but they build quality/fit is like a factory piece. They also don't look like giant bagels were attached to your car.
I went with rears only ... The rear width of my car is wider than my front, exactly what I was going for.
OP- I installed a 20mm adapter to my rears. My wheels are 20x11s with +20 offset. The tires are flush with the flares. My tires are 295 wide. If I had 315's, I would install a 15mm adapter so the tires don't poke out to far. Maybe this info may help you if you go with the flares. I have a 2012 392. No rub on stock SRT suspension.

!14small.JPG
rearsmall.JPG

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the original V1 flares. Instead of magnets I have some 3m tape on the top.
They are pricey but they build quality/fit is like a factory piece. They also don't look like giant bagels were attached to your car.
I went with rears only ... The rear width of my car is wider than my front, exactly what I was going for.
OP- I installed a 20mm adapter to my rears. My wheels are 20x11s with +20 offset. The tires are flush with the flares. My tires are 295 wide. If I had 315's, I would install a 15mm adapter so the tires don't poke out to far. Maybe this info may help you if you go with the flares. I have a 2012 392. No rub on stock SRT suspension.

View attachment 992430 View attachment 992431
Thanks for the info

Did you use spacers just for the look? Or was it rubbing?

I am actually more interested in the front fitment as my goal is to run 18x10 square

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
No, it was not rubbing on the inside. I went for the wide look. Thus, the spacer (adapter) I used.
With an RT, You may have an issue with 18x10 square on the front. SRTs/Scats/Hellcats have more room in the fronts due to suspension geometry.
BUT..if you go with front flares, you can always put on a spacer to push them out. It can sit flush with the flares but I would worry about hitting bumps with the wheel turned. They may make contact with the front flares. 295s on any non-widebody front is pushing it. I have seen that only once on a RT and the guy had his tire sticking out of his fender so it didn't rub on the inside.
Is there any reason why you don't want to go smaller width on the front? The staggered look will even make your rears appear wider.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
No, it was not rubbing on the inside. I went for the wide look. Thus, the spacer (adapter) I used.
With an RT, You may have an issue with 18x10 square on the front. SRTs/Scats/Hellcats have more room in the fronts due to suspension geometry.
BUT..if you go with front flares, you can always put on a spacer to push them out. It can sit flush with the flares but I would worry about hitting bumps with the wheel turned. They may make contact with the front flares. 295s on any non-widebody front is pushing it. I have seen that only once on a RT and the guy had his tire sticking out of his fender so it didn't rub on the inside.
Is there any reason why you don't want to go smaller width on the front? The staggered look will even make your rears appear wider.
While the staggered look is great, i really want a square stance for road course and handling. I want the widest possible front tire (or i would be satisfied with my 295’s) for grip

I should also add, while the fenders add a good look to the car, im seeing them as more of a necessity as I’ll probably be having to space out the fronts past the fender. A decent amount of negative camber is already helping , just debating if ill need more than a 1/4”.

Guess im swapping wheels and doing measurements this weekend

Also @raceheart77 , your front end looks sexy! What kind of splitter is that a custom? Thanks

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
While the staggered look is great, i really want a square stance for road course and handling. I want the widest possible front tire (or i would be satisfied with my 295’s) for grip
I should also add, while the fenders add a good look to the car, im seeing them as more of a necessity as I’ll probably be having to space out the fronts past the fender. A decent amount of negative camber is already helping , just debating if ill need more than a 1/4”.
Guess im swapping wheels and doing measurements this weekend
Also @raceheart77 , your front end looks sexy! What kind of splitter is that a custom? Thanks
Ahh..road coarse...that's a totally different scenario. Now I get it. The best way is like you said, swapping wheels and doing measurements. I have done that a ton of times over 30 years.
Also, thanks for the compliment. The splitter is sort of custom. I took a splitter and cut it in half. lol. It wasn't long enough for our wide cars. Good luck to you and let us know how your wheels go!

·
Registered
2018 Challenger R/T Plus - Billet Clearcoat
276 Posts
I actually found the price to be fair. At least for the gen 2 that only mounts up with magnets, polyurethane should hold up very well also.

I can have them all painted for sub $200, so to add some width without having to cut anything or drill, and being 100% reversable, i think it’s reasonable
Now that i keep looking at them, i think those are the ones a co worker got for his car, but Version 1. They look great on his car and he paid a lot more for them so yeah,.....that would be a lot cheaper. Cant beat the install ease lol.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I really like the idea of these. If left unpainted, do you think they would complement a matte bumblebee stripe? Would clear tape be needed underneath the prevent paint damage should one want to remove the flares at a later date? Also, can you confirm that these would prevent the use of mud flaps (without some sort of modification)?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Raceheart77, I too would like to know if you can use the Mopar Splash Guards? With or without a modification?

·
Super Moderator
2016 SXT Plus Blacktop
17,010 Posts
They use the same space/mounting holes the splash guards use. I guess it's possible you may be able to get them mounted OVER the splash guards, but then they wouldn't sit right and I don't know if they'd even sit right at the top of the arch

A Guy

·
Registered
2,114 Posts
Raceheart77, I too would like to know if you can use the Mopar Splash Guards? With or without a modification?
I don't think you can use the Mopar Splash Guards. They would have to be heavily modified and even then..it may not fit / look right. I have the stealth flat ones installed. Very easy install on top of the lil devils since they use the same holes.

!000.JPG

·
Registered
2,114 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
I have emailed them 3 times asking that very question (whether or not we can re-use Mopar splash guards) and never got a response back, guess they don't want another sale.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts