Dodge Challenger Forum banner

21 - 40 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
I have them installed, I feel a difference. I live at the base of the Guadalupe Mountains and love cruising the mountain roads. The car feels better in the turns and the hood stays more level. Anyway, feels good to me
Oh, and I'm not wetting my pants to rush out and loose money on my trade in for the next new thing FCA throws out there either.
My white Shaker Plus A8 is already 1 of 228. Rare enough for me
And why did they put the 5.7 Shaker badge on the MOPAR 17 Shaker. Duh, the MOPAR design badge like the rear spoiler on the Shaker would have made it more cool
Do you have the PN# for the dual strut bars? Will they fit non-shaker SP models?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
979 Posts
Do you have the PN# for the dual strut bars? Will they fit non-shaker SP models?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
I'm sure they would fit

Front Brace Strut Tower Available for Shakers from MOPAR

Front BRACE-STRUT TOWER - MOPAR (P5160082)
Front CAP IT-SHOCK TOWER - MOPAR (77072464)

Rear STRUT TOWER - MOPAR (P5155951AB)

·
Super Moderator
12,988 Posts
I quite like the gloss two tone. Matte can look good, but for some reason shiny black speaks to me :D

A Guy

·
Super Moderator
13,406 Posts
Chevrolet was burned by doing things like this. The Nordstrom limited edition Camaro was a flop. They didn't learn from that one and continued with oddball "rare" cars. Rarity came from the wide variety of options that you used to be able to select on a build sheet. Those days are long gone. The stuff they do today is like putting the word, "collectible" in front of something which immediately tells you it's not.
I agree. Dodge, as a marketing ploy, has created way too many "limited edition" Challengers. Most will never be collectible. Just consider these:

2008 SRT (numbered)
2009 R/T Classic
2010 Furious Fuchsia
2010 MOPAR 10
2012 SRT Yellowjacket
2013 R/T Blacktop
2014 MOPAR 14
2014 100th Anniversary Edition
2015 Hellcat
2017 80th Anniversary
2017 T/A
2017 GT (AWD)
2017 Demon

10 Special Edition Dodge Challengers | Autobytel.com

·
Super Moderator
14,441 Posts
I agree. Dodge, as a marketing ploy, has created way too many "limited edition" Challengers. Most will never be collectible. Just consider these:

2008 SRT (numbered)
2009 R/T Classic
2010 Furious Fuchsia
2010 MOPAR 10
2012 SRT Yellowjacket
2013 R/T Blacktop
2014 MOPAR 14
2015 Hellcat
2017 80th Anniversary
2017 T/A
2017 GT (AWD)
2017 Demon

of the above, the numbered editions:
>2008 SRT
>Mopar '10
>Furious Fuchsia SRT8
>Mopar '14
>Mopar '17

the Demon is marketed as being limited production - probably from the perspective of
>price
>features than may not appeal to mass market buyers (less sound insulation, drag radials (for year round use), extra cost to have passenger seat, rear seat delete

with the '08s - they were far too many to be 'instant collectible' and the following model year more features options were added over the '08 that improved over the initial.

·
Registered
9,055 Posts
Great variety of Challengers for '17. Best Challenger line up, and options, that has every been offered.

No need to "hate", just buy the one that turns your crank, or keep the one that you have and enjoy it! lol

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Great variety of Challengers for '17. Best Challenger line up, and options, that has every been offered.

No need to "hate", just buy the one that turns your crank, or keep the one that you have and enjoy it! lol
^ Roger that

·
Registered
13,631 Posts
The 2014 Challenger Shaker was numbered.

The Demon will be numbered too.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
The gloss black looks way better than the matte black hoods. With all the models/editions, there's something for everyone's personal taste.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Anybody know how the title of this thread changed? It was originally titled Mopar 17 Challenger. I'm the OP but I didn't change it.

Anyways it's strange how a camera changes the colour, in some articles the Billet Silver looks darker grey but in others it's clearly silver. As it is Billet Silver, I think the silver look is correct. Nice car either way but I'm starting to agree a T/A is the way to go for the price.... and that these will basically be unobtainium.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Anybody know how the title of this thread changed? It was originally titled Mopar 17 Challenger. I'm the OP but I didn't change it.

Anyways it's strange how a camera changes the colour, in some articles the Billet Silver looks darker grey but in others it's clearly silver. As it is Billet Silver, I think the silver look is correct. Nice car either way but I'm starting to agree a T/A is the way to go for the price.... and that these will basically be unobtainium.
Never know. I had a buddy who bought a Mopar '10. He just wanted a challenger and it was just sitting in the lot. They even gave him a deal.

I agree with you though, I think the Mopar '17 is cool...but I am not kicking myself for my T/A order. I prefer the looks of that model a little more.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So we now have another Special Edition Challenger....
I agree with an earlier post, it starts diminishing the "special" denotation.
I think it also kinda kicks the buyer in the teeth - So ya wanted the top Challenger and you ordered - and paid or financed - a new 2016 Hellcat? Well, now we are rolling out the Demon model. I am so happy with my SXT.

·
Registered
156 Posts
So, when do orders open?

And what dealers are privileged enough to get an allocation? Barely one per state per color.

I anticipate much gouging . . .

EDIT: I'm not complaining, I like the two-tone.

·
Premium Member
749 Posts

2008 SRT (numbered)
2009 R/T Classic
2010 Furious Fuchsia
2010 MOPAR 10
2012 SRT Yellowjacket
2013 R/T Blacktop
2014 MOPAR 14
2015 Hellcat
2017 80th Anniversary
2017 T/A
2017 GT (AWD)
2017 Demon

I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong but wasn't there a limited edition 392 offered in 2011 in White with Blue stripes or Blue with White stripes?

·
Super Moderator
13,406 Posts
I am happy to be corrected if I am wrong but wasn't there a limited edition 392 offered in 2011 in White with Blue stripes or Blue with White stripes?

Are you referring to the Drag Pack? I don't believe that it belongs on the list because it was not a street car. It was a supercharged race car made to run 8 second quarters on the track.

You wonder how the race version of the Demon will compare to this car?

Attachments

·
Registered
3,647 Posts
clearly not appealing to someone who is happy with an SXT.
Is that supposed to be a snarky left coast remark? LOL
As you look down your nose at a pedestrian SXT...
FYI, I've owned my share of 60's and 70's Mopar muscle cars, have you?
No need to get defensive.

If you're happy with the lowest trim then clearly collector's editions aren't something that will appeal to you.

Another way of putting it is, you're not the target demographic.

And don't fling your age in my face like it matters, lol.

21 - 40 of 47 Posts